electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
MIDI control between patches
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
AngusHastie

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: MIDI control between patches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all. I want to set up my G2 so that it plays one sound right across the keyboard and, in addition, another patch right of the keyboard split. So I can either just load the same patch in, say, slots A and C and the second sound I want to use in slot D, but loading the same patch twice is not that efficient for DSP use and reduces polyphony. So I was trying to find a way to use the MIDI send and receive modules in A and C so that slot C only needs a few MIDI modules rather than the full patch and A does all the work! Can't seem to figure it out. For example, how do you combine the note and velocity information being played in the left hand with similar info coming in MIDI from the right hand? Can you combine Keyboard module info in A with MIDIrcv info through a mixer and use that to gate an envelope???
Or is there a more lateral solution such as somehow telling slot D not to respond to notes below a certain point on the keyboard using some sort of filtering of the keyboard module??
Cheers, Angus
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I understand your question, do you want to change a patch's range on a keyboard split by switching slots? (i.e. in performance mode the patch on slot A has the full keyboard range, but when you switch to slot C, the patch in slot A only responds to part of a keyboard split). If this is what you want to do, check the attatched patch. It does not alter the range automatically when you switch focused slots, but on global page A1 knob 1 there is a button you can push that alters the range from full keyboard to exclusively C3 and up. This is just a hypothetical solution that would need some tweaking before practical use, let me know if this would work or if this was not what you were intending.

range_ex.prf2
 Description:
Example of altering keyboard split ranges with a touch of a button. On Global controls, page A1, knob 1, press the button to alter the note response range of patch A from full keyboard to only C3 and up.

Download
 Filename:  range_ex.prf2
 Filesize:  3.16 KB
 Downloaded:  1615 Time(s)

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Angus

There may be other ways to do this but this 3 slot performance uses a couple of factory patches in slot A & B, slot C is the splitter using a pair of MIDI range modules. Only works when slot C has the exclusive KBD focus.

Cheers

splitCombo.prf2
 Description:
overlap split combo

Download
 Filename:  splitCombo.prf2
 Filesize:  11.68 KB
 Downloaded:  1523 Time(s)

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed Or the same thing just using the performance settings dialog ctrl+r.

splitCombo2.prf2
 Description:
overlap split

Download
 Filename:  splitCombo2.prf2
 Filesize:  11.54 KB
 Downloaded:  1629 Time(s)

AngusHastie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, thanks. Not at my machine right now but will check it out later. I think the MIDI splitter in a separate slot is the answer.
Angus
AngusHastie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh!!! A sneaky hidden way of splitting the keyboard. Extremely useful tip. Thanks Ian.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: