electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
2009 Build Pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 16 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
TekniK wrote:
...its very heavy aluminum frame with 1,5A psu's per row (so almost not heating),that will fit into a flight case.

the frame looks awesome (as the modules do!). did you build it yourself? nice work.

thanks, yes but i used some help, the front frame is like u can see welded,i used the base of something like this (also all other parts came from the same victim) ,handles are stainless steal coated from Ikea:
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Alison Project wrote:
Not finished yet, actually just starting. Here's a page with a bunch of pictures for the portable synth I am building.

http://www.thealisonproject.com/ally.html

awesome!

the coming sequencer panel looks wonderfull to
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to finally see all the modules together Teknik - but I have to ask what will the more exotic stuff be! It looks like you have built some pretty interesting panels already!

TekniK wrote:
The stuff from end 2009; finaly ,on popular demand ,pic of what should become my portable system,top row is finished now,its very heavy aluminum frame with 1,5A psu's per row (so almost not heating),that will fit into a flight case.

from LtR ,modcan Ddelay,dualvca,jh phazor,2x 3340 vco each w/buildin serge middle section wavex,fonik ps filter,serge dual ringmod,serge middle/bottom wavex,ssm2040vcf,serge extended adsr,serge VCS,serge extended adsr,serge VCS,multiple

the bottomrow will include some more exotic stuff ..

TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Bad Producer wrote:
Great to finally see all the modules together Teknik - but I have to ask what will the more exotic stuff be! It looks like you have built some pretty interesting panels already!

i have 25 different panel designs to be manufactured,so u will need to wait a bit to see pictures of more finished modules.(i let made them in a big batch so its get mega cheap per panel)
Broadwave

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's taken almost two years, but I've finished my modular (although it's tempting to add another cabinet or two!)

Top Cabinet:

Master CV (Buffers, Tune, Glide, 2 x FM inputs)
CV Recorder (AC PIC Sequencer)
4 x ARP 2600 VCO's with additional sync
Thomas Henry's Potpourri Module
CV Distribution (2 x Buffers, 2 x Multiples)
Ring Mod
4 x 4 Modulation Matrix Mixer
ADSR (Curtis CEM 3310 )
Moog VCF (Doepfer Clone)
Dual VCA (Curtis CEM3330)

Lower Cabinet:

Master CV (Buffers, Tune, Glide, 2 x FM inputs)
2 x ARP Odyssey MkIII VCO's
2 x ARP Odyssey Ring Mod
4 Chanel Mixer
VCF (ARP 4023 12 db, Odyssey MkI)
2 x ADSR (Curtis CEM 3310)
Signal/CV Switch (ARP 2600)
S&H/LFO/Noise (ARP Odyssey MkIII)
2 x ASM 1 VCO
Clock Divider/Sub Oscillator /2 to /64
4 Chanel Mixer
VCF (ARP 4035 24 db, ARP 2600)
2 x Dual LFO with shape
Dual VCA (Curtis CEM3330)

There are several modules left over from experiments which I need to add at some point, but I need a break Very Happy

Many thanks to all who helped solve some major headaches.

Full.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  410 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Full.JPG

Synth DIY Projects

Musical Doodlings
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what a beautyfull system! i love the colors and the potentiometers strictly put in columns.

and a realy nice module selection.

BTW what does the master CV module do?

Broadwave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I'm seriously pleased with it - I couldn't come up with a layout that bettered the standard Euro Rack look (Doepfer/Analogue Solutions etc.).

The master CV module just provides 1v/Oct, gates and triggers from my Kenton USB Solo, to all the oscillators on a buss system similar to Doepfer.

The Aux CV, lag and FM inputs are summed to the main CV buss, to allow me to tune and modulate *all* the oscillators, without any additional patching. The VCO's can be disconnected from the main buss by inserting a dummy jack into the CV1 socket.

The 2600 VCO's make great VCLFO's just by patching in -15v, although I think 8 VCO's is too many!! - I may take out the ASM 1's and replace them with something more useful.

I think I could do with a few general purpose modules (inverters, audio in, envelope followers etc), but they will have to wait until I complete another project I'm working on Very Happy

Synth DIY Projects

Musical Doodlings
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AndyR1960 wrote:
It's taken almost two years, but I've finished my modular (although it's tempting to add another cabinet or two!)

Its very nice arp-like lookin' system u have there!

Cool
Mark Space-Ratio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Arp looks, where did you get the panels made? Are you using a MAC specific program for the artwork?

¬¬¬
Broadwave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark Space-Ratio wrote:
Nice Arp looks, where did you get the panels made? Are you using a MAC specific program for the artwork?

They're just self adhesive, inkjet printable vinyl labels (nothing fancy). I used Adobe Illustrator for the layout... How did you know I used a Mac??? Very Happy

Synth DIY Projects

Musical Doodlings
Mark Space-Ratio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AndyR1960 wrote:
How did you know I used a Mac??? Very Happy

I looked at the smallprint on your website. I am not very clued up with who's doing panel manufacture in the UK apart from Panther. Of course there are a million and one engineering outfits that have their own facilities but I don't know anyone who is synth orientated, so any leads from anyone in the UK with knowledge would be welcome.
cheers
¬¬¬
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must repeat:
wonderful Builds all over the place here !
frijitz

Audio files: 54

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AndyR1960 wrote:
They're just self adhesive, inkjet printable vinyl labels (nothing fancy).

Andy -- Are there any issues with the labels lifting off at the edges/corners?

Very Happy

Ian
Photon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My first finished project of the new year: a Ciat-Lonbarde design, the DDDM2.

Ciat-Lonbarde DDDM2
joshco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks petty awesome!!! Shocked

It´s a sample unity with lot of effects?
Photon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Very Happy
No, not a sampler. Its a drone instrument. it has 4 oscillators that can be 'rewired' by touching the inner brass pegs (circle). the 4 outer pegs will randomly re-patch the whole instrument.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked That's one of the most amazing things I've seen!

/Stefan

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful piece of product design! well done!! Cool

PS- Shouldn't this thread be restarted, and renamed "2010 Build Pictures"? Shocked

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

PS- Shouldn't this thread be restarted, and renamed "2010 Build Pictures"? Shocked

Go for it, Mr Janitor. Wink

Home,My Studio,and another view
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:
v-un-v wrote:

Go for it, Mr Janitor. Wink

Done! Very Happy

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-281838.html#281838

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Broadwave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frijitz wrote:
Are there any issues with the labels lifting off at the edges/corners?

I did initially have a problem with the labels peeling, mainly due to the Schroff 3U blanks being chamfered on the edges, which caused the label to lift - but because I didn't need the fancy brushed alu finnish, I stuck the vinyl to the "wrong" side (no chamfered edge) so the labels seem to stay put... It just takes a bit of patience to apply them without getting air trapped Rolling Eyes

I've now stopped buying Schroff blanks, as I've discovered that 3mm perspex, is just as good, easier it work with and cheaper.

Andy

Synth DIY Projects

Musical Doodlings
arnoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my first homebuild modular, I ordered the pcb's and part's in june 2009 & started to build begin september 2009 on the pictures you can see what I have done so far.
My goal is to fill up the whole cabinet. Smile

DSC04240.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.63 MB
 Viewed:  329 Time(s)

DSC04240.JPG

DSC04236.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Viewed:  330 Time(s)

DSC04236.JPG

DSC04226.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.12 MB
 Viewed:  305 Time(s)

DSC04226.JPG

TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arnoid wrote:
This is my first homebuild modular, I ordered the pcb's and part's in june 2009 & started to build begin september 2009 on the pictures you can see what I have done so far.
My goal is to fill up the whole cabinet. Smile

Nice,I like your panels
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just noticed this 2009 'show and tell' section a week ago... now I see there is a 2010 thread! Here's some of what made it into a box in my first year of this hobby/addiction:

PS: Love that Drone Instrument, Photon! LOVE IT HEAPS!!!!!

APC1 sepia.jpg
 Description:
Atari PuNK Console... Atari style! I used black and woodgrain adhesive vinyl and cheap Letraset over a grey plastic box to give it that classic Atari console look.
 Filesize:  3.09 MB
 Viewed:  295 Time(s)

APC1 sepia.jpg

MIXER1 sepia.jpg
 Description:
A simple Resistance Mixer...
 Filesize:  3.3 MB
 Viewed:  275 Time(s)

MIXER1 sepia.jpg

WSG1 sepia.jpg
 Description:
Weird Sound Generator. CAUTION: Trained Service Personel Only!
 Filesize:  849.88 KB
 Viewed:  303 Time(s)

WSG1 sepia.jpg

WSG1.JPG
 Description:
The same WSG as above... minus the artsy fartsy colour adjustments.
 Filesize:  2.01 MB
 Viewed:  275 Time(s)

WSG1.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 16 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: