electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
New tracks online / webpresence
Page 1 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
diskonext

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: New tracks online / webpresence Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

I decided to put a little site up since I've been rather prolific last two months. I changed my setup to 80% hardware and been producing lots of music as a result.

Have a gander: Here!

-diskonext

Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! This is all bloody lovely! Very Happy Hard techno at its most unfriendly! I particularly like b19 and Outkast Electro Break, which is just wicked.

Only thing I would grumble about is the overall mastering. I appreciate these tracks were produced individually but when I playlist them Industrial Area Remix is ten times louder than the others!!!

Anyway, this stuff is just great, keep it up! Wink

diskonext

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Dovd!

thanks for the feedback, really appreciated!

The mastering of most of the songs does suck, most of it was just played live on my not so hi-tech set-up. I oughta go for some monitors, but my wish list is long and my budget small Wink

BTW, b19 is a direct reference to a factory preset on the Korg Electribe ER mkII. Only a dirty guitar pedal, feedback and lots of EQ added Wink

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Must have missed your posting somehow. Nice looking site. I prefer a nice clean easy-to-read and easy-to-navagate look over an artsy site that is hard to figure out. Nice experimental stuff you are working on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
diskonext

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Mosc,

I entirely agree with you on the easy-website issue. Keep your site as simple as your offerings.

Experimental, huh? I guess it's a bit too beaty for you? Or am I completely wrong? Wink

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it's not too beaty for me, although I'm personally not all that into beaty music - but I'm learning to adapt. I like experimental. I say experimental because it seems to me you are looking for a new sound, not trying to replicate and established style or genre. If I'm wrong about this, I apologize.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
diskonext

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha,

well-put!

I wouldn't enjoy trying to replicate, thanks for the compliment!

The only ones to complain are my neighbors and my speakers Smile

-diskonext

diskonext

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded a new track to the site, very inspired by the party I went to last night.

One might even say it is trying to replicate certain sounds and styles...

For a direct download: Do click here!

Style is basically hardcore tekno, has a nice MicroModular screaming it's lungs out in it.

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wild track. I like this one. Laughing

If this is techno, I've never heard techno before. Shocked

diskonext

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you thank you!

I am really amazed you can dig this music, Howard... it's music at it's very, very ugliest, haha. Only meant to be digested by drugs-infested brains...

I whipped it up in about 2 hours (programming + playing the set) on the basis of the MM sound.

Mind the K in tekno, it's a whole different can of worms Wink
There is loads and loads and loads of this kind of noise out there on vinyl.

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, tekno. Sound a lot like music we used to make in the early 70s, only more reserved...

We never called it anything but music. If it needed a more specific adjective, then we called it electronic music.

diskonext

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*confused and bewildered*

what kind of music sounded like this in the 70's? We want names, addresses, everything!

And what do you mean by "more reserved", this is more reserved than the 70's stuff, or vice-versa?

Or are you pulling my leg completely? Wink

-diskonext

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard is right. Main problem is getting hold of tapes and not be sued for copyright infringements. I have an old collection of underground tapes somewhere. I have been thinking about looking for that box.. someday. I have some of my own old stuff in there too.
I agree with Howard on what we now call techno is a bit restrained. The reason for this is probably because techno became a genre with rules.. and there were no rules back then.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am listening to your tracks again. I wouldn´t really say these are restrained Very Happy
Great sounds! You just saved techno from going polka on us. Well done!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Playing the tracks again.. and loud! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
diskonext

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha,

thanks Elektro! Would I be allowed to use the expression "Saving techno from going polka" as a track title? I love it...

I'm getting really interested in the music you are referring to... even a couple of names would be cool. The music would be even better, but I understand the inherent problems. Then again, if it's not for sale any longer a "cultural, educational" exchange should be possible, right? Wink

-diskonext

Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

diskonext wrote:
I'm getting really interested in the music you are referring to... even a couple of names would be cool.

Yeah, me too!

I've noticed on a few occasions that Mosc, Elektro and others have referred to music made decades ago of a particularly extreme nature. I too would love to hear some of this stuff.

Disko, I think we need to remember that some of these chaps come from a generation whose drug use makes ours' look like drinking camomile tea. Shocked

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovdimus Prime wrote:
camomile tea. Shocked

I love camomile tea too Twisted Evil

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
diskonext

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Through a process known informally as "instant forum osmosis" I suddenly acquired knowledge of the following names:

Can (Spoon Records)
Tim Blake
Peter Hammill
Elektro80 (hmmm, oh yes!)

Go and check it out. Smoke, by Can really is terror-avant-la-lettre Wink

-diskonext (basking in the newfound knowledge)

diskonext

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw,

I remastered (ahem ahem) the track a bit, made it louder overall and added some high.

It's still to be found HERE!

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking of music made by experimentalists in the 70s. Virtually nothing was ever release on recordings because no record companies would take a chance when there was so much money in pop and rock. I was always amused when people spoke of Pink Floyd and ELP as being experimental. Maybe in the world of commercial pop music, but not in the world of people serious about experimentation.

There was fabulous stuff in the 60s too. Check out the Once Festival CD set at the electro-music.com store.

Techno is different from the experimental stuff I'm thinking of because it has a beat similar to something a pop music drummer would play on a trap set. I remember concerts where groups of people would play home made synths, accoustic instruments with home made pickups, acoustical feedback and lots of crazy stuff. All this was difficult to control, but the sounds were new and people were pushing them where ever they went.

Restrained - maybe not a good choice of word, but maybe you get the idea.

diskonext

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I can imagine, especially seeing as this is all one-man-music stuff.

I received a small lecture on some interesting music from Elektro80, it was quite allright!

-diskonext

diskonext

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just for the hell of it I went and did another track.
Same story (this is getting old) went to a kick-ass party last friday, and got inspired...

All software this time (except for the mixer and the guitar-effect that is)...
I'm not entirely happy with the mix, then again it stands on it's own two feet now.

Direct download: HERE!
Or over at http://diskonext.kicks-ass.net/tracks.html off course.

Keep your eardrums safe, wear earplugs!

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
diskonext

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: