electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
NMG2 Open Source Editor
Page 21 of 21 [513 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21
brunov

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I managed to upgrade my old Hackintosh to Catalina. And I was able to compile the open source G2 Editor FMX for MacOS 64bit.

There is also a Windows 32bit and 64bit version available.

Sorry that I can't do much developing for the G2 anymore, but I hope I make someone happy with these new applications.

you can find the downloads here: https://www.bverhue.nl/g2dev/?page_id=17

Greetings
Bruno

redpola

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

brunov wrote:
Hi,

I managed to upgrade my old Hackintosh to Catalina. And I was able to compile the open source G2 Editor FMX for MacOS 64bit.

Sorry that I can't do much developing for the G2 anymore, but I hope I make someone happy with these new applications.

Greetings
Bruno

This is sensational! I won’t have time to play around with it for a little while but thank you so much!
jima

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Bruno, my old Mac Mini under High Sierra is starting to feel the strain and this will be a great relief.

Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time Sad
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey brunov (and everyone),

In case you are around > I have been using an engine for a few weeks and I must say that this editor brings the engine to life. Thanks again! But I have a question. Is that possible to edit the NMG2 editor tool to control editor ui elements with MIDI to select G2 synth when using more than 1 G2 hardware? I tried to edit the G2_editor_ini.xml file. I added a line to the CTRL_MIDI_ASSIGNMENT_LIST section. Something like:
Code:
<CTRL_MIDI_ASSGNMENT CC="24"... ControlPatch="frmG2main.SelectG2" ControlIndex="1"...

But I realised that this .xml file is only used to update the Editor UI midi mapping box on the NMG2 editor. Then this file is rewrite with previous setting when the editor is closed. Is that possible to add this feature by editing something with the compiled code or do we need to make a change before compiling the code in "UnitMidiMapping.pas" or another file? I would love to add this feature when using multiple G2 engines.

Another topic: Names of the parameters assigned to G2 display for the parameter pages. I want to do something similar to what wav (and other users) mentioned before on this topic : mimic G2 display and pots, but in my case with a Novation SL mk2. So my goal is to collect controllers names (with OSC or whatever) from the parameter pages box and display them on the Novation SL mk2 LCD screen. I found a documentation with useful info to change text on screen and encoder values in real time with sysex for the Novation control surface (image attached).

For the moment I use a tablet and I display the 'parameter pages' box behind the encoders of the Novation, it is already good. But I would prefer to display the names of the parameters when I change the pages (A, B, C, D, E, 1,2,3,) in real time on the Novation screen. Here is a video with a Novation and a tablet :
https://youtu.be/nial2LmW-RM

I tried another approach at the start to display the parameter name on the Novation with automap mode using the G2 vst and HUI protocol in Cubase. The 120 parameters (8 * 5 * 3) which correspond to the 'parameter pages' encoders are all visible in Cubase but the names are generic. This is normal after all because the parameters assigned on the 'paramater pages' are not native, they are customizable, so it doesn't work with the HUI protocol.

NovationScreensysex3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.18 KB
 Viewed:  191 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

NovationScreensysex3.jpg

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i ve problems doing cable conections with an old school rough book tablet.. One of this pen controled devices. it works remarkable well with the original editor, so well that one wonders if clavia actually developed for this kind of computers. Them have been pro music sound reinforcement pa standard for a while since they are waterproved and dont need a mouse.. theese days probably replaced by Ipads (so cheap that nobody cares when they drop).

problem is that i cant break a cable connection. maybe the click area is too tight, so that i cant doubleclick on the exact same spot with the pen?

just mention it.. its no bug.. but reduces the amount of usable pc computers.
especially because patching with a pen dont feels bad at all on the original clavia editor..

greets,
Sven
John_W_Thompson

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the stupid question, but this is for virtualizing the G2 in your DAW, and can make no sound without a hardware G2, correct?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John_W_Thompson wrote:
[...]and can make no sound without a hardware G2, correct?

Correct.

xav

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much!
I was wondering how I would edit my favorite synth in the future.
All the best
Xavier
sellblue

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

brunov wrote:
Hi,

Greetings
Bruno

Hi Bruno,

We would like to make a HW controller for G2 Engine with the same functionality as the keyboard version has(like direct access of parameter pages and buttons). Would be nice to control the Engine via MIDI sysex (not CC) or USB.

Could you please help us and share how can I reach G2's parameter pages via USB. I mean the protocol it self.

Thanks,
Burp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tested if this editor would work on my new MacBookPro 14" M1.

And it works!!!

With my G2 connected with USB. I can edit patches etc…

Propably with Rosetta, which i had installed allready. So far everything works. Just some minor glitches and accasionaly a crash.

xav

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Burp wrote:
Just tested if this editor would work on my new MacBookPro 14" M1.

And it works!!!

With my G2 connected with USB. I can edit patches etc…

Propably with Rosetta, which i had installed allready. So far everything works. Just some minor glitches and accasionaly a crash.

Great news!!!!!
But I guess Rosetta won't be supported in a future.
redpola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xav wrote:

Great news!!!!!
But I guess Rosetta won't be supported in a future.

Just to put perspective on this:

In June 2020 Apple said their transition plan would finish by June 2022, which concludes with the withdrawal of Rosetta2.

Any apps not with a native Apple Silicon build are at imminent risk of not working on new Apple devices.
Burp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so still the best way to run the editor is an old laptop.
Page 21 of 21 [513 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: