electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Sorry, postponed until next week Chez Mosc
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Musical Interfaces
Anyone built Morocco Dave's Master clock with midi?
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Ronja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Anyone built Morocco Dave's Master clock with midi? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya. I recently build the Master Clock by Morocco Dave: https://moroccodave.com/2017/07/23/diy-modular-synth-midi-and-cv-master-clock/

The hardware part was easy enough, but I did get some trouble with the software part. Firstly: Two of the libraries used did not exist in the built in library search feature in the Arduino program on the computer:

ClickEncoder.h
TM1637Display.h

I managed to find them om github, though they might not be the ones used even though the names are the same. The still do not cause any compiling issues, so the names of the functions are the same. But the display only show the numbers of the BPM, not the other parts: int/ext clock marker and tempo blinkiong light.
The rotary encoder softeare does not read the encoder at all. I tried putting in so that the internal led on the arduino board should blink if the knob was turned either way ocr if the button was pressed. Nothing is registred.

If I try other libraries I just get alot of errors since the function names are not the same.

Has anyone build this in the past and still have a working sketch for it?
Or has anyone build this recently and found the right libraries?

Best regards
/Ronja
VendingModular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Yes I have Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This week i have breadboarded it because I was unsure it would work. The breadboard version worked like a charm. All functions work. For the libraries I used the first results after googling them. Clickencoder.h has a readme that says to put

#define ENC_DECODER (1 << 2)

in your code if you have trouble with your encoder. Keep in mind that it's not supposed to do anything if the clock is set to external. Maybe pin D5 is shorted to ground in your module, The microcontroller saves the last BPM when the voltage drops below 9 volts by grounding pin D5. I can imagine the whole thing doesnt work if that pin is shorted
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Musical Interfaces
Jump to: