electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
How tu install/use G2tool converter?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Spawn-X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: How tu install/use G2tool converter? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

Sorry if my question is too basic, but I've downloaded an I can't obtain any conversion of my old Micro Modular patches.

After download et decompacting g2ools_15_190.zip file, I have only 2 exe files and while I try to click on of them, I just see a DOS window like open and close really fastly.
After that, nothing happens.

I can't find any "readme" file into zip file, so, I tried some other operation like copying nm2g2.exe on any of my MM patches repertory then execute him, but, it's the same quick dos popup appears and get out.

I tried to drag&drop any of my old patch into exe file, with no more success.

I don't know how I must use this soft and I can't find any help or tutorial on this forum.

Please, help me.

Ho, and, please, try to use some basic English terms because I'm not sure I will understand everything you'll tell me.

Thank you so much.

A little froggy guitarist with an Axon and a Nord Modular G2 Engine Wink...

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Spawn & welcome

The program is a console application and you need to run it from a DOS window (command prompt).

A quick tutorial :

In windows XP (the english version ...) you can start a command prompt from start/(all) programs/accessories/ . In the command window you'll have to navigate to the place where the program is located by using the CD command. When you need to know how the CD command works type "help cd" and then enter, but basically "cd .." will go "up" in the folder tree and "cd fodername" brings you into a folder. When you've type a part of the name you can use the TAB key to make windows find the full name. Using the DIR command you can see what folders are present, again you can type "help dir" to get help on the command.

When you arrive in the folder where the conversion program is you can then execute the conversion program by typing it's name (with or without the .exe suffix, both work). Apart from typing the program's name you'll also have to provide the program with the name(s) of the patches that you want to convert. For that you type the full path to the location of your patches followed by the name of the name of the patch or a * when you want to convert all patches in that folder.

You'll find more hints in this long thread.

Spawn-X

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, It's working now!!!

Thank you very much for your help!!! Smile

cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How tu install/use G2tool converter? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spawn-X wrote:
Hi.

I just see a DOS window like open and close really fastly.
After that, nothing happens.

I tried to drag&drop any of my old patch into exe file, with no more success.

My apologies for your difficulty running the program. Although G2ools was written by another person (with some collaborating from a few more ), I said I would write a GUI for it to make it easier to use. I had given the GUI to a few people to test for me, and they found some problems which needed to be fixed. Well, time lingered on, and interest in G2ools had pretty much stopped, so I never completed the GUI Embarassed
Spawn-X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't matter.
You make a good job.
If it's possible, just do a tutorial in html or a simple txt that you could take on zip archive.

If you do it, I think it's not necessary to make GUI.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
Jump to: