electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Neural Agonizer Reverb Standalone with LFO
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
hopelessennui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Neural Agonizer Reverb Standalone with LFO Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi folks,

Im about to start building the neural agonizer and wanted to share some ideas i was pondering.

Im building the unit as a rackmount unit and want to build it as a standalone unit but also retain some of the modular features, since i plan on using this for recording but also my synth.

Mainly I want to add an onboard LFO, probably the Ken Stone utility LFO (since has a variable waveshape out) and have that normaled to all the CV inputs. So I can modulate parameters without having to have my synth connected to it.

Also maybe having a single alternate CV input that mults the single signal to all the CV mod inputs, instead of having to patch it in multiple points there will just be a level knob for each CV mod parameter (ie stress, trauma, etc)

Im not quite sure how to implement the ideas yet, just wanted to see what people thought. This Reverb seems pretty amazing and I really want to use it on other keyboards, guitars, maybe even vocals. Its also an incredibly flexible unit, the possibilities are endless!

Ill try to post a panel of my ideas and hopefully that will make more sense.

Thanks for any help!
hopelessennui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im thinking something along these lines...

NAPANEL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.37 KB
 Viewed:  387 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

NAPANEL.jpg

numbernone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brilliant idea I think. I have been AGONIZING over how to build this for sometime now. Mine is going into an old leather briefcase, with good bit of panel space left over with just the standard controls. I can vouch that the Utility LFO is a good one, as always I will suggest using a range switch.

After seeing you idea, I think I will now include a board I made of 4 clones of the MS20 LFO, again with range switching. Not sure if I should make it straight modular with patching, or use a rotary at each cv input for LFO 1/2/3/4/external.

I also intend to work out a way to install spring loaded buttons to null the springs physically, I have always found being able to massage the springs of a reverb to be very pleasing.

Thanks for the inspiration, I think I can see the finish line on this thing now.
hopelessennui

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually i might as well utilize both LFOs on the CGS utility LFO and maybe have a swtch to alternate between the onboard LFO or a patched in CV
Luka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i added a lfo to a modular effects box im working on at the moment
i used this design
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/coolnewlfo.html
it has sine out which the utulity lfo doesnt (i think :s )

i also added a preamp so i could use lower level signals.

(in fact i made my own mosaic of psu/preamp/mfoslfo circuits into a single pnp board that will run from a 18vac wallwart. i need to test it but im happy to give to you if you wish once its tried and tested)

http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Jump to: