electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Album of 100% homemade CMOS synths
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Top Top

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Album of 100% homemade CMOS synths
Subject description: Messages from the Oracle
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bigsmurfhead banging monitorbigsmurf

https://amagicwhistle.bandcamp.com/album/messages-from-the-oracle

I posted a rough version of this album this a while ago, but then had taken it down to make a more finished version of it.

It's all melodic but pretty weird too. 26 tracks of psilocybin in your C64 floppy drive, jammin with a dot matrix printer. All played pretty much in real time, no overdubs (there are a couple edits, but not many) on the Melody Oracle and associated endless expansion of synths documented in the Melody Oracle thread here in the Lunettas forum.

You can listen to it streaming on bandcamp or download & cassette purchase is also available.

https://amagicwhistle.bandcamp.com/album/messages-from-the-oracle

bigsmurfhead banging monitorbigsmurf

kaputtpanzer

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome melodies, very nice work! party time!
Top Top

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kaputtpanzer wrote:

Awesome melodies, very nice work! party time!

Thanks, didn't know this embed trick!

head banging monitor

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have a listen to it the next time I meet silly Simon. dwarf
Thanks for posting.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
raccooneatingcacti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

100% CMOS? I didn't realize such musical results were possible. Most of what I've heard with CMOS synths is absolutely unfettered chaos sound, which I thoroughly respect, enjoy, and partake in. That probably just means I need to look harder though.
Top Top

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raccooneatingcacti wrote:
100% CMOS? I didn't realize such musical results were possible. Most of what I've heard with CMOS synths is absolutely unfettered chaos sound, which I thoroughly respect, enjoy, and partake in. That probably just means I need to look harder though.

Most of the melodic aspect comes from oscillator circuits tuned to scales with trim-pots switched by CD4051. I have made a number of variations on that idea. Also using CD4017 as an automatic harmony tracker (5ths). There are some details in the Melody Oracle build thread here.

One thing that I guess isn't CMOS is a part of my synth using lo-fi voice recorder chips for the sampled sounds, though they are triggered and interfaced to the rest of the synth (note selection) via CMOS.

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: