electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
ballistic bouncer
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: ballistic bouncer
Subject description: gravitational rebound circuit
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The wishlist threads are inspiring me to make little building blocks.

This is a gravitational rebound circuit. Feed it a trigger, and it will produce rebounding triggers according to the following settings:

BOUNCE Rebound: Controls how much of the energy is reflected on rebound.
BOUNCE Gravity: Controls the gravitational pull.

The circuit outputs both triggers and levels for the rebounding pulses. See added demonstration modules for the correct implementation.

The circuit is dynamic -meaning: If you retrigger it before the energy within the system has dissipated completely, that trigger energy will simply add to the existing energy. So, there is a potential hazard here: The outputted trigger level voltage (controlling the volume of the outputted rebound triggers) can go up as high as the max headroom (+256 clavia units) if you feed the circuit that much energy, making for very loud Laughing rebounds. Use a clipper if needed.

Cheap: 1,6 Cycles%/6,3 Mem% Smile

Bouncer TK.pch2
 Description:
gravitational rebound triggers genarator

Download
 Filename:  Bouncer TK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.36 KB
 Downloaded:  1443 Time(s)

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool Smile

am i wright that a spring mass system is something different?

the kango jump module has the gravity and bouncing on a hard surface..but the kangoo jump shoe actually is a spring.. i think that the
waaaooongwaaongwang could be an interesting modulation source too..especially when you would be able to adjust the stiffness and maybe can combine different modules so that they interact like when you would hang a weight between 2 different springs you get this drunken circular moves... i like the idea to have such a thing as modulation source and tried to mimic it with lfos and envelopes... good enough...but a correct physical model might be the bigger fun...just... cant remember any physics..except the formular how to make gold out of shit... the so called bohlen formula...

You have any idea?
Tim Kleinert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm -I think I know what you mean. It shouldn't be too difficult to model -in fact, I already have an idea how to do it. However, the patch will probably be too big and expensive as to qualify as a building block. But I'll try it.
3phase

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no., i dont think so...a buildingblock can be as big as a slot as long it performs a unique fuction that allows to be adapted... of cause as smaller as more adaptable..
but nobody said that a building block needs to be under 10%...

the trys for fixed filterbanks...just not possible under 30% when you want them steep...

It would be interestimg to see how you do it..i was thinking about such a thing quite a while but its defenetly not so easy when you want it to produce a continous data stream and have it dynamical adapting to a variable force...

so when a static weight is on a spring the tension of the spring would be the mod out put .. and the weights falling represents the mod input...

and you need a second mod input to this gravitational process...

when the wight would be not moving = spring has a constant max tension..not moving anymore
A signal at this input would create a spring like resonance at the mod output... or at least it would act as a lowpass filter... or ?

Its pretty complex but such model could perform all kind of interesting modulation fx i think such a studi would qualify as a building block.

At least it would be a great experimental patch.
I wished i wouldnt had erased all my math in all this years..bloody movies are still all there..but the proceedings in higher math? i was pretty good in vector math when i was young..liked it ...all gone Wink
Tim Kleinert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a different approach using an envelope and an LFO. It's more expensive, but gives you time control over the energy dissipation (env release time) and rebound rate (LFO rate). If you want, you can use the attack stage too -tweaked right, it's rather good for synthesizing creaking doors Laughing.

Bouncer2 TK.pch2
 Description:
Different approach, more expensive, but with different controllability.

Download
 Filename:  Bouncer2 TK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.25 KB
 Downloaded:  1410 Time(s)

3phase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool..this makes some nice sounds..i also like your spring bouncer..its actually doing the kangoo jump sound.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
Jump to: