electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Neutron O/A in blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Neutron O/A in blue
Subject description: first build started after a soldering break
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Smile

I have a small pile of bare & new to me pcbs forming and decided to tackle the top one first , a Version 1 Neutron orgone accumulator green pcb (thanks Alan).

The home made panel will be the usual 100mm wide by 250mm high with the panel pots , switches , sockets wired back to the board , i found Sduck's cool build a great source of inspiration for helping me with the layout design (Thanks Sduck) , and also the 60 or so pages of the muffs build thread were good to read as well as the pdf docs.

Progress so far ... i have populated the pcb , and now ready to twist some 2/3/4 core wire looms in the drill , i found a piece of 4mm thick ply for when testing and tuning happens , the proper blue panel will have to wait till ive designed some other panels to send 1 order to the printers Smile .

Neutron OA.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  835.97 KB
 Viewed:  480 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Neutron OA.JPG

Orgone Accumulator panel BLUE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.97 KB
 Viewed:  479 Time(s)

AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't expect amazing fidelity from the PWM Out (almost typed pwn...) -- it sounds rather chiptune-ish, compared to the very excellent Main Out.

Can't wait to hear about the rest Smile
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im looking forward to hearing this myself Smile , i should have it no-chip tested and wired up through the week .
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Panel hardware set up on test panel & L plate for pcb in place also i made a few changes to the panel crosses and checked for space around control knobs.

Dave.

IMG_3904 (2).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  951.18 KB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)

IMG_3904 (2).JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  177.48 KB
 Viewed:  450 Time(s)

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all Smile

Had a good burst of building over the weekend and got the V1 pcb all wired up and connected to the switches & pots & sockets , done a no-chip power test ... good Smile , popped in the 3v ref chip and checked there was a nice +3v & -3v good again Smile , then went for the op-amps & the teensy board , powered up and no led's , hmmmm, tried turning them around to the opposite of the pcb legend and intrepidly switched on, all good Smile Smile , i done a quick and dirty tune up on the first couple of octaves just for testing purposes and i was feeling myself sliding into a TD tangram / exit album sound zone Very Happy fantastic my fave Smile
then i checked all the pots & switch operations , i have not fully explored the effects sets , i was having great fun just in normal mode, also i was getting some nice 90's warp records type clicks & drone type sounds .

Once the good panel sticker comes in a month or two i will finish off the sound demo testing of the different effect modes.

Loving this module Smile Smile Smile

Dave.

Neutron O-A test set up.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.66 MB
 Viewed:  463 Time(s)

Neutron O-A test set up.jpg

Neutron orgone accumulator test - memories of 1993.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Neutron orgone accumulator test - memories of 1993.mp3
 Filesize:  1.28 MB
 Downloaded:  822 Time(s)

colorbars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great! How are you making your panels?
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

colorbars wrote:
Looks great! How are you making your panels?

Hi colorbars , panels ... i go to my local engineering firm to get 3mm thick aluminium sign sheet ( aluminium sheet with a protective sticker on the non scratched side) cut to my module sizes (100mm X 250mm) on their big hydraulic guillotine machine , i then print off a drill template on my home pc printer and glue on to the module plate and center punch all the crosses , i then use a press drill in my shed to work up the drill sizes start with 4mm for all crosses and build up to the biggest needed (12mm for my jacks) , i give the front a light rub with P1000 automotive body emery paper and wipe clean ready to apply the proper final vinyl sticker by de-activating the adhesive with warm soapy (washing up liquid) water, that allows me to move the sticker about to line up with the holes and i just scalpel vinyl crosses out before putting on the pots & sockets.

Dave.
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave, does the blue monster long fer more?
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay! got round to finishing off this module , it has had the template test paper glued on the front for a few years time to get the proper sticker on the panel Smile .

neutron sound orgone accumulator in a slightly darker blue than usual but all is good Smile .

Dave

Neutron sound Orgone Accumulator.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Viewed:  106 Time(s)

Neutron sound Orgone Accumulator.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: