electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Tipee
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Tipee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alternate key controller. Middle E is neutral, above/below result in relative increase/decrease in pitch. The scale is set on the 8 channel mixer. If you attenuate the input to the mux, you could setup some fancy microtonal scales.
It is interesting to play.
I'm not great at improvising without hitting bum notes so this could be useful, noodle selects key and scale, I do the rest Laughing
It is also possible to get very fast.

tipee.pch2
 Description:
Alt Key Control

Download
 Filename:  tipee.pch2
 Filesize:  1.6 KB
 Downloaded:  1975 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice solution for the chipeee !

and the back link

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Nice solution for the chipeee !

Thanks Jan, chipeee not tipee (tipee make plastic items for babies and toddlers) my mistake.
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, first thanks to you G2Ian for giving me this patch to start upon. And of course the inventor of the samchillian who got this idea of a relative keyboard.
I find the idea of the samchillian very fresh and inspiring. So i did elaborate somewhat on this patch.

- Added 4 selectable scales so the bum notes are taken care off:) (Page b1)
- Added a turnaround on the bottom and top so it won't sink in the bottom or rise up to the universe (page b2)
- Let it drive another slot via midi.
- Altered the intervals a little

And then had some hours of fun playing rather impossible licks:)
Now it is commonly known i do like to imitate guitars on my G2X (shame on me) and this samchillian helps a lot. Just listen to the demo, its 2 tracks of G2X, one pad and one solovoice, where the solo is played via the samchillian patch. And indeed it can be played rather fast....

Hope you enjoy

Samchillian.pch2
 Description:
A Samchillian (google it up) implementation for the G2

Download
 Filename:  Samchillian.pch2
 Filesize:  2.76 KB
 Downloaded:  1900 Time(s)

SamchillianG2Demo.mp3
 Description:
A demo of the patch played on the G2X, it is the lead that is samchillianed

Download
 Filename:  SamchillianG2Demo.mp3
 Filesize:  2.02 MB
 Downloaded:  1468 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is great stuff. Wan, I play your patch but can't quite figure out exactly what is going on. Still, it makes for amazing melodies. Having the bounce back when it hits the upper and lower bounds makes a lot of sense.

Excellent guitar work, BTW... Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Wow, this is great stuff. Wan, I play your patch but can't quite figure out exactly what is going on. Still, it makes for amazing melodies. Having the bounce back when it hits the upper and lower bounds makes a lot of sense.

Playing the middle key [E4] leaves the current pitch where it is at that moment, playing a key above it adds one semitone, playing two keys above it add a semitone, playing three keys above it add a minor third and so on to 8 keys above the [E4]. Playing below the [E4] does the same but then it subtracts the interval.

And then the resulting pitch is quantised to the selected scale (E dorian in this patch). All adding and subtracting is done to the current pitch of that moment. So pressing the same key several times brings the pitch up or down repeatedly by the same interval within the scale.

I find it very difficult to precisely play a melody, but it is very easy to gesture the pitch through the scale. So i play it in a rather uncoupled state and only think of getting the pitch higher or lower, and concentrating on the articulation with pitchbend and timing. When you play a fixed pattern on the keyboard you get a changing pattern out of it, that's the trick. Patterns that have some upward intervals and downward intervals in it work out nicely. I have the idea that a little practice makes it a bit predictable what will happen, but still not completely predictable. Which is nice....

mosc wrote:
Excellent guitar work, BTW... Very Happy

Thanks Howard, I just can't stop doing it Shocked

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh, what was throwing me off, I think, was the E dorian mode scale adjust. I can see how this is a nice desired effect in some situations - like pretending to be a guitar player. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sean wayland

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: samchillian nord patch
Subject description: issue
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there ,
I met the creator of the samchillean the other day and he pointed me to your post for the nord. I checked it out . It sounds great , but creates a little " click" at the start of the notes . I tried it with a few different patches and always got the same problem . Any ideas as to what is wrong ? I would love to get it to work ....
email me sean@seanwayland.com

thanks
boxcolony

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wan wrote:
Well, first thanks to you G2Ian for giving me this patch to start upon. And of course the inventor of the samchillian who got this idea of a relative keyboard.
I find the idea of the samchillian very fresh and inspiring. So i did elaborate somewhat on this patch.

- Added 4 selectable scales so the bum notes are taken care off:) (Page b1)
- Added a turnaround on the bottom and top so it won't sink in the bottom or rise up to the universe (page b2)
- Let it drive another slot via midi.
- Altered the intervals a little

And then had some hours of fun playing rather impossible licks:)
Now it is commonly known i do like to imitate guitars on my G2X (shame on me) and this samchillian helps a lot. Just listen to the demo, its 2 tracks of G2X, one pad and one solovoice, where the solo is played via the samchillian patch. And indeed it can be played rather fast....

Hope you enjoy

Will this work on a non expanded G2?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

boxcolony wrote:

It is a pch2 file and all pch2 files will work on a non expanded G2, although the maximum polyphony obtainable will be less then. This patch however is set to mono (one voice), and that will always work on an unexpanded G2.

boxcolony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
boxcolony wrote:

It is a pch2 file and all pch2 files will work on a non expanded G2, although the maximum polyphony obtainable will be less then. This patch however is set to mono (one voice), and that will always work on an unexpanded G2.

Thanks blue hell, got it loaded but no output can be heard is there something missing that i need to add?

Btw I'm a new (and proud) owner of the Nord G2. Still picking up my Jaw in every patch that I hear in this beast.

Very Happy
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

boxcolony wrote:
[...]is there something missing that i need to add?

Yes, there is / you do Laughing

This patch listens to the keyboard and it process the keyboard data, then it sends the processed data out to slots B and D so you better have patches there that listen to note on/off messages (e.g. keyboard playable patches).

boxcolony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
boxcolony wrote:
[...]is there something missing that i need to add?

Yes, there is / you do Laughing

This patch listens to the keyboard and it process the keyboard data, then it sends the processed data out to slots B and D so you better have patches there that listen to note on/off messages (e.g. keyboard playable patches).

Finally, some free time to mess around with my G2.

and hell yeah!!! got it working, thanks again Blue hell.
sean wayland

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: sean wayland alterations
Subject description: tipee patches
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there good folks ,
thought I would post some alterations of this great patch .

The diminished and Messiaen are based on symmetrical scales ( the half-whole scale and Olivier Messiaen's third mode of limited transposition )

The chromatic one raises or lowers the pitch by graduated steps of the chromatic scale.

I would love to figure out how to be able to "reset" it to any pitch . Prefarably a second keyboard on a different midi channel could "restart" the samchillean to any desired note . With that and the chromatic version you could really get somewhere I think .

I utilised these performance patches on my new CD "Pistachio" . Thanks to all here and to Leon Greunbaum for thinking up the tippee

cheers

Sean

chromatic chilli.prf2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  chromatic chilli.prf2
 Filesize:  11.78 KB
 Downloaded:  1385 Time(s)

diminished chill.prf2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  diminished chill.prf2