electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
The Soldering Musician Show Music Archives & Blog
Page 5 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill, you have my thoughts as well. It is never easy.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill,

Positive thoughts and energies to you, and to yours.

May you be surrounded by those who care for you. I am sure that here, you are.

May the rest of your family feel the same.

The best thing we can do, is to be good to each other.

You have my heartfelt best wishes. Thank you for your gifts to us.

May Her days be completed with love and peace.

Dan
amplex

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill,

So sorry to hear about this!!! I sincerely wish you and your family the best through these hard times. My thoughts are with you.

Alex

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Alex very much for your support ........

Just so all the folks here know, I will be posting tomorrows show this evening to let you all know what I have in store for everyone. Please do take a peek later today for these details.

"The show must go on " ......... Cool

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the first 72 minutes, this weeks show features an artist, and fellow MIDI BEAR crew member, from Long Island, NY .. the DEXorphan . Joe "Dex" produces dark Ambient and Breakcore music with a distinctive style all his own. Joe was kind enough to make me a special MIX CD to play on my show. Be sure to visit this talented artists website right here:

http://main.thedexorphan.info/

The set also features a special remix version of NEOREV's "Oh No" !! Please don't miss the show .... also on the show I will play some of my favorite "Not Breathing" songs and a couple thrown in from NEOREV ...........

Don't miss this show, stop by the chat room to !!!

Show starts at 7 PM EDT and goes on for 2+ hours ....

Your host Bill "State Machine" Manganaro

dex_show_poster.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.54 MB
 Viewed:  408 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

dex_show_poster.jpg

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great show Bill, I enjoyed it immensely. You did a lot more announcing of the songs both over the music and in-between songs. The additional information really peaked my interest, and your mention of events and listeners was pretty cool too. Dedicating your show to your mom was touching as well. Nicely done.

Les

p.s. "Oh No!" lol

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Great show Bill, I enjoyed it immensely. You did a lot more announcing of the songs both over the music and in-between songs. The additional information really peaked my interest, and your mention of events and listeners was pretty cool too. Dedicating your show to your mom was touching as well. Nicely done.

Thanks Les, I can always count on you for kind words. Thanks for noticing the change in the format of hte show. I think I will do a big more announcing from time to time. It hit me when Shane and I were doing the sound check when we tested my voice over the music and he commented that it came through just fine. I decided then I could just announce over some of the music. Wink

It was good to have ScottG in the chat room. I hope we can get thim to submit music generated by his brilliant FPGA based FM synthesis system.

THis fall and winter will also see more LIVE performances by myself and local acts. I am also going to contact Kid Sputnik to do a laptop performance live forhte show.

Good things to come !!!

Bill
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ScottG's FPGA music? I want a piece of that action. Scott: send some mp3's my way for use on the game show, please!

Les

Cool

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great show Bill! Very Happy
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "Soldering Musician Show" will be canceled for tomorrow, Tuesday November 3, due to commitments beyond my control .....

The show will resume on November 17, 2009 with some special LIVE performances that we have planned so please join us then ...

Thanks for all your support ...

Bill "State Machine" Manganaro
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, too bad, but thanks for telling it Bill.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a nice show lined up for this evening that I think you will all enjoy.

Tonights show will feature three artists:

WACEK - Deep SID Chipper Music

Circuit Ben is Killing Music - A blend of bent electronic instruments, cheesy rhythms, vocals and rock guitar !!

Aide Auditive & Miosine - A recording I dug up somewhere from 2008 featuring minimal electronic sounds that will allow your mind to wander and detech from lifes everyday stresses. A sure brainwave generator fro sure.

Please tune in for the show at 7PM EST for 2+ hours of fine electronic music ...

The archive is below for your listening enjoyment. So download it, shoot it over to your Ipod/Itouch and have a good time Cool

Your host, Bill Manganaro

Bill 'State Machine' Manganaro_Tue Nov 17 2009.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bill 'State Machine' Manganaro_Tue Nov 17 2009.mp3
 Filesize:  135.42 MB
 Downloaded:  2240 Time(s)

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don't miss our show on Tuesday, December 1, 2009 @ 23:00 GMT (6:00 EST) as we bring you another "MIDIBEAR and FRIENDS" live holiday season performance extravaganza !!

MIDIBEAR is going to have a holiday celebration and we want to share it with all of you. Enjoy Breakbeat, to IDM, to Chipper, to all out NOISE on DIY instruments such as the BENJOLIN !

http://electro-music.com/forum/forum-185.html

Kid Sputnik will be on hand to show off his remixing skills with a remix of my original song "Circuit Machine" and later on I will play the original .... he will be sure to treat us to other originals as well. Kid sputnik will be appearing as part of the proceedings at the IN/OUT festival on Sat, December 12, 10:00am – 11:30pm at the TANK in New York City in case anyone is in the area:

http://www.thetanknyc.org/calendar

Neorev wil be on hand to show you another music side and perform his original music .....

http://www.myspace.com/neorevmusic

Kid vs Chemical will be playing originals music on his Gameboy. It's been a while and we are glad to bring him back in the studio !!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kidchemical

Also, the Soldering Musician will be featuring some music by Aimee Bowen of Baltimore, MD .... "Talk To Animals" .......... high NRG Chip pop !! I saw Aimee perform at the last Pulsewave in New York City and just had to ask her if we can feature her music here on our show and she was more than happy to agree !! We thank her for that.

http://www.myspace.com/talktoanimals

soldering_musician_dec1_09.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.04 MB
 Viewed:  369 Time(s)

soldering_musician_dec1_09.jpg

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like a great show! I'll be there.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Bill, i'll be tuning in as well , looks a great show , Cool
Dave.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soldering Musician Show for Tuesday, December 15, 2009 starting at 6 PM EST ... or 23:00 GMT ....

OK, so I have been into this whole 8 bit chip music thing for a few months now and figured I would end this year with a "bit-bang" and have an "8 Bit Peoples" music holiday extravaganza featuring 6 artists from the very cool website:

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/

This Tuesday, the music lineup shall be, and in no particular order:

>> Sascrotch <<
>> Anamanaguchi <<
>> Mr Spastic <<
>> Bit Shifter <<
>> StarPause AKID <<
>> Cornbeast <<

Please join me for my last show of 2009 and PLEASE do head on over to the 8 bit peoples website and maybe even purchase something ----- don't be freakin' cheap .... support these hard working artists !!

Your host,
Bill Manganaro
aka "State Machine"

sid_schematic.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.87 KB
 Viewed:  368 Time(s)

sid_schematic.JPG

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

top stuff, what a cool xmas treat Bill.
My dial will be set for soldering musician tonight.
I can hear the chips at the start line raring to go Very Happy .

excited.
Dave.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
top stuff, what a cool xmas treat Bill.
My dial will be set for soldering musician tonight.
I can hear the chips at the start line raring to go

Dave, I can always count on you being there !!! Thanks so much !!! For 2010, I plan more episodes featuring more "home brew" instruments. This will include hacked Atari Systems and other old vintage computers, circuit bent instruments, custom and hand built analog modulars, more of my own projects. I really think the show should stick more to it's original theme and thats to showcase music made with electronic instruments that folks build in their basements, bedrooms, and workshops Cool

Thanks
Bill
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:

music made with electronic instruments that folks build in their basements, bedrooms, and workshops Cool

Thanks
Bill

Hear that... That's direct orders to finish your pcb backlogs and make some new music with your hand made creations, the world awaits the sound of your smouldering. Razz
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hear that... That's direct orders to finish your pcb backlogs and make some new music with your hand made creations, the world awaits the sound of your smouldering.

NICE !! I only wish more folks built my analog/digital keyboard design, the IKC (Integrated keyboard Controller). It's a product I feature in the "Microcontrollers and Prog. Logic" subforum but few really were interested. I was suprised that not many folks wanted to build a nice quality keyboard and controller for their modular.

Bill
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exellent show again Bill, merry Xmas.
Dave
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave .. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you as well.
I will have to get busy and post my last two shows !!!

2010 will be a GREAT year I predict !!!

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuesdays show on January 19 at 6 PM EST will feature two demonstrations.

DEMO 1 (50 minutes)
The work of Scott Gravenhorst and his FPGA synthesizers. The segment will be 50 minutes of narratives by Scott himself and muscial examples. You don't want to miss this very innovative work.

Scott’s page on FPGA Synth.
http://www.fpga.synth.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Profiles.ScottGravenhorst
also check this work that Scott has been more well known for:
Synthaholic's FatMan Site
http://home1.gte.net/res0658s/fatman/

DEMO 2 (20 minutes)
The new sMs Audio Electronics Quad Bass++ drum synthesizer featuring four Thomas Henry Bass++ drum synthesizers on a single circuit card assembly. The demonstration will feature narratives by myself explaining the setup and the many sounds the module can produce.

Quad Bass++ Information and Documentation:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-39402.html
The project team members are:

Dan Lavin (PCB Layout)
Richard64 (Document proofreading and hacks)
Bill Manganaro (Prototype builder/Documentation/testing)

The Alison Project (55 minutes)

The last segment of the show features new music by "The Alison Project"
The record is entitled "Sequence to My Nightmare" and is part of the Torn Envelopes of live modular recordings between April through June of 2009.

Chris has been building his own analog modular synthesizers for many years and has now embarked on building yet another large modular that will be used for his touring work.

Please visit Chris and the Alison Project at:

http://www.thealisonproject.com/

Go directly to Ally, the new modular system the Alsion Project will be using.
http://www.thealisonproject.com/ally.html

The photos below are:

1) To the left is a Spartan 3E FPGA Development board that can be used to build FPGA synthesizers. On the right is a Coolrunner 2 CPLD development board.

Spartan 3E Starter Board Contains The following hardware plus lots more !!

>Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA (500K gates)
>Intended for use with ISE, Webpack, or EDK
>Xilinx USB circuit for programming
>32MB Micron DDR SDRAM, 16MB Numonyx StrataFlash, VGA, PS/2, RS- 232, 10/100 Ethernet

Where do I get these things to play with??
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?NavPath=2,400&Cat=10

2) The Quad Bass++ prototype circuit card assembly used for the Bass drum demo.

Please join me in this fantastic educational sonic experience.
Bill Manganaro, host for "The Soldering Musician Show"

DSC02016.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.23 MB
 Viewed:  373 Time(s)

DSC02016.JPG

DSC02015.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Viewed:  368 Time(s)

DSC02015.JPG

SolderingMusicianShow_Tue Jan 19 2010.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SolderingMusicianShow_Tue Jan 19 2010.mp3
 Filesize:  139.39 MB
 Downloaded:  2223 Time(s)

Last edited by State Machine on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cardboard box?????
amazing (the cardboard and the bass++)

www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new format looks great, can't wait to hear it!

Les

Page 5 of 8 [199 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: