electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Hey, I'm the new new guy
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
daveb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Hey, I'm the new new guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

Daveb here. I have a musical addiction I call Project Twelve(34). You can check out my site at www.projecttwelve34.com. My stuff is not strictly electronica, there are a lot of rock influences involved. It kind of has a soundtrack thing going on. I'm influenced by The Chrystal Method, TOOL, NIN, The Police, The Prodigy, Sneaker Pimps, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, etc........ I have a CD out called Small Eternity. It is on an indie label out of Pittsburgh called Basina. I recorded the CD on a cheap Fostex MR-8. It took about 9 months to record. I used anything I could get my hands on for sounds. Alesis drum machine, Casio keyboard, MTV Music Maker for loops and samples, tons of guitar tracks bounced down. It was a total labor of love. Great learning experience. I toured and recorded with a straight up rock band in the late 80's early 90's and things have changed so much since I've been away. I've moved about 1000 copies online. I've improved my recording set-up since its release. I'm using the Lexicon Omega system. I bought a Micro Korg and some new guitar processing. But I'm still using lots of the stuff I did before due to the comfort factor. I've been snooping around this site and it looks great. I am still a novice at a lot of things and there seems to be a real wealth of knowledge here. I hope some rubs off on me. And if anyone is looking for input from a half wit, I'll be sure not to dissapoint. Well, I won't hog any more band width. Peace out.

www.projecttwelve34.com
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, I'm the new new guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daveb wrote:
I've moved about 1000 copies online.

welcome daveb
you mean you sold 1000 copies online Question It sounds like a great accomplishment to me Exclamation thumb up well done
welcome

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Daveb

elephant elephant elephant welcome elephant elephant elephant

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
daveb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for having me. I have absolutely no idea what genre my music fits into. I set out to create some thing that defied definition. That has seemed to be my curse. I have been drawn to electronica and big beat stuff since the mid 90's. And as I mentioned before I know that my stuff is not electronica per say but it is kind of cross gendered. Like Rupal or Dennis Rodman on a bad day.

www.projecttwelve34.com
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just you keep on doing your own stuff. This sounds immensely cool. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: