electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Summer Solstice 2010
Page 7 of 8 [191 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I split my 30 minutes song into 5 files that you can find and download here.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic show , very varied selection of great music from everyone across the globe , and i'm looking forward to AE-10 already Smile.

Here is my Epicyclus set (the 1/2 hr before edisonrex).
Thanks to all who made the event run smoothly once again Smile & thanks for listening .

Dave.

Epicyclus summer solstice.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Epicyclus summer solstice.mp3
 Filesize:  41.77 MB
 Downloaded:  1895 Time(s)

Tange

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Summer Solstice 2010
Subject description: Tange live set
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my contribution...

FYI, I basically used Audition for backing drones, the Arturia MMV running a randomised sequencer which was live but pretty much left to it's own devices. I had that up on my 42" monitor with my 2 10u racks on either side, so at least it looked the part Smile Lapsteel and Roland RS-5 for playing leads.
All played in real time (apart from the drones, which were cobbled together from previous stuff) with no tricks or gadgets, and no midi stuff.

Tange - Summer Solstice 2010 Live.mp3
 Description:
Enjoy!

Download
 Filename:  Tange - Summer Solstice 2010 Live.mp3
 Filesize:  26.9 MB
 Downloaded:  1810 Time(s)

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my set. It was a good night, all good sets, very very enjoyable for all who listened here.

EdisonRex_SS10_20100619.mp3
 Description:
EdisonRex set at Summer Solstice 2010 on Electro-Music.com. Copyright 2010 Paul Harriman. Licensed via Creative Commons, SA/BY/NC - Listen Freely.

Download
 Filename:  EdisonRex_SS10_20100619.mp3
 Filesize:  28.62 MB
 Downloaded:  2324 Time(s)

Home,My Studio,and another view
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by nobody on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by nobody on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 am; edited 7 times in total
mrcold

Audio files: 31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jack_Hertz wrote:
For those of you who want to hear my full set at the right speed can listen here:

sounds good at the right speed too! Smile
mrcold

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's my set!

solstice.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  solstice.mp3
 Filesize:  25.21 MB
 Downloaded:  1695 Time(s)

nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by nobody on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've spent some time making a chuck app for live MIDI recording and playback. 8 parts each sending to one of 16 instruments (MIDI device + channel). After recording one part you can set that to be the master against which slave parts sync, enabling you to set decide the tempo at the keyboard rather than having to listen to a sequencer or click track.

The idea was to facilitate being able to make up everything on the spot. I've often felt that if I set up something like this, I'll have good fun with it the first couple of times/hours, and then I start getting stuck in a rut, each session getting shorter and shorter until I can't keep going for more than 15 minutes without getting bored and unfocused. So I deliberately didn't practice a whole lot before doing this.

Unfortunately my lack of practice shows, especially at the start here. I had great difficulty getting the timing right, MIDI notes hung, and occasionally I froze, wondering what to do next. I think there are moments where the setup pays off though, and I am grateful for the extra half hour which allowed me to "warm up". If you don't want to hear the worst of it, skip the first 15 minutes.

I had patched up some blank note seqencers and wind noises on the G2, and put notes in two of the sequencers right before I started streaming, but otherwise everything is made up as I go along.

/Stefan

Edit: dropped the attachment

Scattered Light - Antimon live at radio.electro-music.com, summer solstice 2010.ogg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Scattered Light - Antimon live at radio.electro-music.com, summer solstice 2010.ogg
 Filesize:  66.15 MB
 Downloaded:  1846 Time(s)

Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the nice comments. I listened and chatted most of the day and gotta say its always a good time with crew here at electro-music. Always good sounds playing. Everyone is open minded, friendly and welcomes a diverse mix. I want to thank everyone for not just doing a good job, but being good people too. You don't see that a lot these days. Keep on noodling!
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Emergent Blues
Subject description: Sound and a pic
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my 30 minutes of Emergent Blues and a photo of The Horse I Road In On. The first 10 minutes are nothing but this Horse run through assorted granulators, resonators, echo-delays and filters in changing configurations in Live. The Horse rides on in the background throughout the rest of the set.

This was the first time I got to play these babies in public since I bought them used for $20 from my friend Jesse 5 years ago.

Thanks to everyone for setting this up, running it, listening and chatting. I finally fell asleep listening to the late sets in the late evening. It's always a blast.

Dale

BluesHarps.jpg
 Description:
The Horse I Road In On
 Filesize:  97.75 KB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

BluesHarps.jpg

DParsonSS2010Blues.mp3
 Description:
Emergent Blues

Download
 Filename:  DParsonSS2010Blues.mp3
 Filesize:  27 MB
 Downloaded:  1857 Time(s)

nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by nobody on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a most wonderful time yesterday. Great music, great conversation, great teamwork. Such a wide spectrum of music kept me glued to the "radio" for literally the entire event! Thanks to all and thanks to all the other stream operators and organizers Cool

I have broken my set down into three distinct segments for you to download and enjoy.

Bless you all an until next time.

Bill "State Machine" Manganaro

summer_solstice_image_state_machine.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.76 KB
 Viewed:  436 Time(s)

summer_solstice_image_state_machine.jpg

moonlit_ticks.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  moonlit_ticks.mp3
 Filesize:  12.42 MB
 Downloaded:  2216 Time(s)

electronic_music_pioneers.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  electronic_music_pioneers.mp3
 Filesize:  8.82 MB
 Downloaded:  2249 Time(s)

klee_sequence.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  klee_sequence.mp3
 Filesize:  6.32 MB
 Downloaded:  2235 Time(s)

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the uploads, I'm now catching up on the odd bits I missed Smile
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by nobody on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot mention also what a blast this was, all the wonderful music that got played, and the admirable skill and effort by the people organising and managing the stream.

The annual events are interesting, now that we have the perspective against regular shows and open port jams. Here is where we get to hear some focussed performances in rapid succession, jaw-droppingly diverse and interesting musically. Thank you all for contributing!

/Stefan

D.Miñoza
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is my solo offering.. something of an electro-acoustic 'alap' for the solstice.

~ Summer Solstice 2010 Streaming Concert ~ live solo set 06/19/10 by D.Miñoza

Zi6_0627.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1017.33 KB
 Viewed:  419 Time(s)

Zi6_0627.JPG

Last edited by D.Miñoza on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
D.Miñoza
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I forgot mention also what a blast this was, all the wonderful music that got played, and the admirable skill and effort by the people organising and managing the stream.

The annual events are interesting, now that we have the perspective against regular shows and open port jams. Here is where we get to hear some focussed performances in rapid succession, jaw-droppingly diverse and interesting musically. Thank you all for contributing!

/Stefan

I concur. Smile

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indeed, and even though there were lots of scheduling problems, it all came good in the end
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I've spent some time making a chuck app for live MIDI recording and playback. 8 parts each sending to one of 16 instruments (MIDI device + channel). After recording one part you can set that to be the master against which slave parts sync, enabling you to set decide the tempo at the keyboard rather than having to listen to a sequencer or click track.

The idea was to facilitate being able to make up everything on the spot.

This sounds like something I'd like to test drive. Is it for Windows? Is it posted somewhere? I'd like to take a look at it. Thanks.
--Steve
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[removed for personal reasons]
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Shane and everyone who assists with the production of the Live Streaming broadcasts. To participate in these has provided an incentive to develop techniques for live improvised performance.

This set provided a good workout for some new modules that I've built this year: the Thomas Henry MPS (Mega Percussive Synthesizer), Scott Stites Klee Sequencer, CGS Modulo Magic, Yusynth Clock dividers, and MFOS Pitch Quantizers. I also utilized some Kurzweil patches that I developed while at the Pocono Skies Festival last May.

I used an Looperlative LP1 with the Aries to accomplish live looping. I simply played the Kurzweil without looping. I didn't play both synthesizers at once, though. I just moved between them for different sections.

FYI -- the part of the work that sounds a little bit "circuit bent" are actually patches that I came up with the the Kurzweil.

I enjoyed performing this set and I hope you enjoy listening.

Thank you, one and all, for your encouragement and support.

SummerSolstice2010.mp3
 Description:
Here is an mp3 file of my Summer Solstice 2010 set. Since I forgot to hit the record button at the start of the broadcast, I don't have the first six minutes of music. This set was a good workout for my modules I built last spring including the MPS (Meg

Download
 Filename:  SummerSolstice2010.mp3
 Filesize:  60.03 MB
 Downloaded:  1972 Time(s)

Last edited by kkissinger on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Symatic Star

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HrastProgrammer wrote:
It was a great show! Unfortunately, I missed 2 minutes at the start of my schedule because on the chat at that moment there was a bitter discussion about Mexican Gulf oil crisis and such, so I simply didn't notice a "GO!" from EdisonRex between tens of other posts Confused

Anyway, I introduced my new song "Hyperlord" and played "Maydawn" later, to continue in somewhat dark atmosphere (which was, BTW, perfectly "in the mood" with the ongoing discussion), I had to cut it a little in the end (for the reason described above) but it was not a big problem because the full versions of both songs can be downloaded from my site:

http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/industronika/HrastProgrammer_15_Hyperlord.mp3
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/industronika/HrastProgrammer_12_Maydawn.mp3

Sorry to hear that re busy chat zone at your start time and you missing 2 minutes HrastProgrammer, we can all learn from this and keep a closer eye on change over periods when having fun and being passionate thinking people chatting and hold back a bit more at the change over time to allow for ease of following cues, and yes conversation ( re argueably the worlds biggest man made environmental disaster - ongoing) did seem to match well to the mood of some of the music - though there is much beauty in your music also.

Were the artists cues etc in the chat - in a different colour FONT? So as to be seen faster? Would personal messaging be safer and faster for this purpose?

I Really enjoyed your set as well as all the others that I heard, very diverse and talented folks.Thanks for all the great music, and all the time and energy put into the Summer Solstice Concert.
well-done
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This wasn't a big deal, really ... I didn't cut anything at the beginning, I just started 2+ minutes late and have to cut 2+ minutes at the end. What surprised me, when I read the chat after the performance, is how perfectly the dark mood of my music fitted with the ongoing discussion about this terrible (ongoing) environmental disaster ... someone even noticed this during the chat.

Perhaps a different font or color for stream op messages would be a good idea for the next time Wink

I really had a great time listening and performing. There was a lot of diversity in the music which is a very good thing, in my opinion. And I can agree with the others that everyone was so open minded and friendly during the whole show, which is a rarity these days, especially on various music/gear related forums (not to mention their names here) ...

Page 7 of 8 [191 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: