electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Halloween Streaming Concert - Sunday, Oct.31st
Page 2 of 6 [126 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Winterbound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Id prefer a set time myself Shane, of course that is providing that Paul is still able to stream for me in which case whatever the schedule is is pretty much fine with me as Ill be tuning in the entire event anyway. thumb up

Darren.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm up for an informal kind of event. I can probably hang around and do some opping too if needed. Halloween is on a Sunday, right? I didn't grow up with this tradition. Smile

I'll dress up too, although let it be known that I am strongly opposed to dressing up! Mr. Green

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:
Halloween is on a Sunday, right? I didn't grow up with this tradition. Smile

Yup this year it's on a Sunday... it always Oct. 31st Twisted Evil

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
Muied Lumens wrote:
Halloween is on a Sunday, right? I didn't grow up with this tradition. Smile

Yup this year it's on a Sunday... it always Oct. 31st Twisted Evil

OK, Oct 31st, I'll remember that. clown

D.MiƱoza
Stream Operator

Audio files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:
I didn't grow up with this tradition. Smile

/me tosses cheap candy into rob's plastic pumpkin-head basket. (1st!)

Winterbound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should celebrate it this year Rob, its only one night but it is my favourite holiday of the year. thumb up
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When we first moved to the UK, Halloween was unheard of. We had to find other Americans in the neighborhood and trick or treat with them. At some point however, British kids caught on and they started coming round for their treats. And a few tricks. Someone put a firecracker in one of our jack o lanterns one year, it succeeded in blowing out the candle and popping the lid. But we always put on a good decoration and I play spooky music (Toccata in D minor, Night on Bald Mountain, that sort of stuff). Now the kids are grown, they don't go out for candy (usually a bag left over here), but they still like costuming.

Different here, and a new concept to the neighbors but everybody's pretty cool with it.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have something called "all saints' day", which is differently set in the calendar than Halloween. Over the last decade or so the US Halloween has been imported so grown-ups can do costume parties and kids spend money.

I'll certainly listen in, if it's informal I might want to jump in and do something shorter than an hour, if I manage to gather up the inspiration. I'd feel like doing something cheezy. Wink

/Stefan

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be making weird noise on the VCS3 to mark the occasion Smile
Winterbound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some great music for Halloween http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/

I have been into these guys for a few years now and have managed to buy all their albums to date. Really great music and they have a lot of their music in films and haunted houses. They also did music for Dungeons and dragons which is a pretty good album.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is what Im inclined to do......

Talking with people... seems informal has been requested more.

So I was thinking, We should stream live the entire day on Halloween.

Informal people can start and take turns at will throughout the day. However, If you want a specific time that you play your set, just post in this thread the time (In GMT please) that you would like to stream your set and people can work around those times. Then you can promote your set... at such and such time on electro, etc.

If someone was interested in making a poster for the event, that would be great!

Winterbound

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Shane, I wouldnt know what time I would have my stream go out, I guess that would have to depend on which time Paul has free to stream my set for me. I ahve asked him and he has agreed to stream for me but I didnt want to put him into any kind of a bind with times and such. So I guess my set would be down to whenever Paul is free to do it. thumb up
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like a fixed time for my set please, as it's Sunday I would like to do it a bit earlier than usual, so how about 20:00 GMT

Note this is the day after the clocks go back to GMT in the UK

Last edited by modulator_esp on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Winterbound wrote:
Hey Shane, I wouldnt know what time I would have my stream go out, I guess that would have to depend on which time Paul has free to stream my set for me. I ahve asked him and he has agreed to stream for me but I didnt want to put him into any kind of a bind with times and such. So I guess my set would be down to whenever Paul is free to do it. thumb up

Ok Darren Wink

kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I'd like to do this however I will be in Asheville, NC for Moogfest that weekend. (I'm presenting a theremin workshop there.)

http://moogfest.com/2010/moogfest-2010/workshops/

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats again Kevin. Im excited (and jealous) for you! Wink

I hope you have a wonderful time Very Happy

Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Shane , could i go on at 19:30 GMT to blend into Jez's set , i'm thinking of performing as "ZOLTAN - the Sound of Dracula" heh Smile Smile just using the diy home built synths with no trademark epicyclus / orchard rigid midi timing , wow - new territory for me Very Happy, i should have enough modules in the modular system to raise the dead ha ha ha ........... JOIN US!!!!!!! (as said by the dark forrest to Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movie )
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL Dave Laughing

Yeah I think people should just post what they want (timewise) and everyone will work around that... sort of first come first served sort of thing, and we can all work it out amoungst ourselves on gameday Very Happy

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to play my (recorded) set at 22:00 GMT, but that depends a bit on how many people are willing to play,. If there wouldn't be anybody after Jez I could go earlier. I'm still working on it, so I don't know how long it will be (I think I'll get at least to 40miutes) but I'm not feeling too well, so it's currently on hold. Any idea about the start time for the whole event ?

PHOBoS picks up a lawnmower and joins Dave.. Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CharlesS

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: halloween show Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'll play a set on the 31st. 20:00,
21:00 or 22:00 GMT would be best.
let me know
-
Charles

http://www.charlesshriner.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome aboard the pumpkin train charles.
looking forward to it.

alien

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dang, how did I miss this post? I will definitely be up to / for something. I am flexible on the time and can help mix if need be.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jack Hertz wrote:
Dang, how did I miss this post? I will definitely be up to / for something. I am flexible on the time and can help mix if need be.

Excellent Jack, I'm glad you found it Twisted Evil

(and that image would make the perfect flyer for my set, but I already got one.)

wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in, with my zombified Pumpkin Modular and the Shrieking Bats of Dead Current.

edit: 30 minutes for me, I don't have time to prepare more.

Last edited by wmonk on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if necessary I can do just a half hour set to leave room for other people
Page 2 of 6 [126 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: