electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Emulating accordion bellow shake for Synth keyboards...
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jjj

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Emulating accordion bellow shake for Synth keyboards... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My Tyros got nice accordion sounds, but I wished I could somehow add that missing bellow shake. I was thinking that might somehow be possible? So, far my limited electronics knowledge led me to think of achieving it in one of these ways:
Roland accordion's "Innovative Dynamic Bellow" has it, too. I wonder how they created it?
- It might be possible to do it with the 3-axis accelerometer, because it can be adjusted to volume control of the Kbd. So, by shaking the hand this effect can be created and varied? Important is that the effect changes start (like reeds) from "0" and has steep envelop patterns; almost like a tremolo. i wished to find out how the Roland bellow control works?

My two project ideas are:
1) It might be possible to create that "sawing type" of bellow shake via LDR light variation or via a pressure sensor?
My old Elka49 organ had such a foot volume pedal. It had a little black box. Inside was a division wall with a width increasing slot, through which a bulb light beam was directed at an LDR. One one side was the bulb light and on the other side was the LDR. So, when the slot size increased, more light hit the LDR and the organ volume increased!
This process could be RF controlled via a finger mounted ring gadget, like in HotHand. The light slot slider could even trigger a slightly different filter, emulating minute timber change of reeds. So, the idea of a light controlled gadget with remote control is not a bad idea, after all...

2) My other, an even better idea, is to use a Mini Mercury switch on a finger ring to control the on/off chord volume via a tiny RF transmitter. This switch could also control a little circuit, which tailors the sound's envelope; i.e. for instance filter the sound every second shake to compensate the slight reed changes. A tiny low voltage filament bulb (not LED) has a small turn on/off drag, simulating accordion reeds. This bulb then sheds its light onto a sensitive LDR, controlling the Tyros Kbd. chord sound. I also got that Yamaha MFC10 MIDI controller and parallel wired its high quality 10K foot volume/expression pedal. So, any LDR responds perfectly.

So, what's your take on that? Since your electronics knowledge is able to think of even better solutions, I would be delighted if you could kick me to success. I'm a young pensioner (75) and enjoy playing wonderful sounds and melodies. Adding that bellow shake variations would enrich any melody in many ways. I attach some interesting data, which might help to pinpoint what I'm after:
https://app.box.com/s/brj4xktxo1tv3xa8m832nbnr4hx0fnoz
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose the Tyros has a midi in?
If so, it is relatively easy to program an Arduino to act as a midi device, add an accelerometer to it, and let the acceleration influence the pitch and volume.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: