electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
Headphone jack on new Nord G2
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
margaretnoble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Headphone jack on new Nord G2
Subject description: No stereo output with headphones
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I have a new G2 and it is running on the current 1.4 software. I have tried to plug in 3 types of headphones into the headphone jack and everytime i get a mono/one sided output.

- i have checked multiple stereo patches to make sure the patches i am testing are indeed sending out a stereo signal to outputs 1 and 2.

- when i have connected a regular (non-headphone) stereo single cable from the output of the headphone jack to a stereo input on a mixer I HEAR STEREO FINE ! ?YT%^#%$^ this is super confusing and i don't understand.

are the particularly properties unique to the tips of headphones where certain ones might not make the connection to the G2? i tried 2 sonys and 1 grado headphone.

do i need to adjust the patches in anyway? i have been just testing with the factory loaded ones.

ANY AND ALL INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Smile
this is driving me crazy!!!!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Headphone jack on new Nord G2
Subject description: No stereo output with headphones

margaretnoble wrote:

- when i have connected a regular (non-headphone) stereo single cable from the output of the headphone jack to a stereo input on a mixer I HEAR STEREO FINE ! ?YT%^#%$^ this is super confusing and i don't understand.

Indeed, super confusing. I recommend Prozac... (no, now serious)

Are the headphone jacks able to be injected completely?
Is the signal on the mixing desk completely stereo?
(Create a simple mono patch using a Pan module assigned to a knob)
Are the headphones working alright when plugged into the headphone out of the mixing desk?

Wout

SimpleStereoTest.pch2
 Description:
Use Knob 1 to check if it's real stereo...

Download
 Filename:  SimpleStereoTest.pch2
 Filesize:  1.03 KB
 Downloaded:  1763 Time(s)

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure it is a stereo channel you are plugging into.. many mixers iwll accepts a TRS jack ( balanced or stereo .. depending on what you are using it for ) and simply whipping the audio out on a bus in mono but panned to the middle. Check the mixer´s manual and see if it accepts a TRS plug ( intended for stereo into an aux stereo input bus or a stereo effects return bus or something of the sort ).

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
margaretnoble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Headphone jack on new Nord G2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so yes, definately all 3 sets of headphones fit into G2 headphone jack properly.

So, I tested it again with a mono patch and a stereo patch inputing through my digi 02 instead of my other mixer. I compared the output of 1 and 2 with the output of my headphone jack and it turns out that the headphone jack is only sending audio out of one side with additional tests of stereo TRS output cables from it to the digi 002.

I really appreciate the 2 replies that helped me trouble shoot so fast.

Do you think then, that it would be fair to say, that my lovely new synth has a factory default?( this of course will be incredibly sad because i don't feel like waiting to exchange it by mail when i have work to do on it.)
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´d call it a fault, you are not looking at a new swedish default setting.. hopefully. Laughing

Get it fixed asap.

It could be a short somewhere, a faulty component in the headphone amp or simply some seriously bad soldering. No matter what it is, you should get it fixed while the instrument is still under warranty.

But.. re the new swedish understanding of stereo.. can you trust anyone who has one king and still is waving this thing around:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

..but do they have any oil? Shocked Cool

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
margaretnoble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: thanks!
Subject description: thanks!

thanks!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
Jump to: