electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Appeal for Nord Lead Forum
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Appeal for Nord Lead Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off let me first say I LOVE this site and I know I'm new to it. I want to personally thank Howard for having the foresight and generosity in the creation of electro-music. It's helping me understand more and more the concepts and techniques( and MATH! Ouch! Shocked ) involved with using the Nord Micromodular. I also use a Nord Lead 2, and while the Micromodular both fascinates and intrigues....the NL2 is just so fun to play. I got one because Depeche Mode uses one in the studio(along with the 20 or so other synths) so if it's good for Martin Gore it's good for me. It's not as complicated to program as the modular, no, but it's a very important instrument that can be found in almost any commercial studio. It's actually the first virtual analog synth to appear....way back in what, '96 or so, and paved the way for all the Waldorfs, Virus, Novas, Ions, etc. There are other forums on this site geared to other instruments but not this one which is suprising. There's still a lot about the NL2 I still haven't figured out, like programming it to make a sitar sound, for example. So I'm asking for a Forum geared toward the Nord Lead and Nord Lead 2.....and I guess the 3 as well.Thanks and Cheers!
Gothboy

HPIM0600.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1017.77 KB
 Viewed:  550 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

HPIM0600.JPG

Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

I'm not us user of the Nord Leads, but if there is interest in discussing the instrument, I'll make a forum for it. Hmmm, where to put it. Under the Clavia Nord Modular forum or in the Instruments and Equipment? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Anyone else interested in this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn´t it be reasonable to have all the Clavia stuff one place?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Anyone else interested in this?

As always Smile

I started a G2 Patch emulating the NordLead2.
Maybe it's a nice project to discuss in such a forum?

Wout
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I'll set up a Nord Lead forum...

Stay tuned for information about it. Anyone volunteer to be a moderator? Not much work really. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-3484.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Nord Lead forum has been created. I put it in the Instruments and Equipment section. I'm moving this post to be the first one in that forum.
Gothboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey.........Look at meeeee! I helped start a forum! Thanks Mosc. Awesome. I think we should probably keep all the modular stuff together so there's no confusion and modular posts don't end up here. As you can see from the photo I also use a Micromodular so I'm on both sites......maybe I can be a moderator someday! Shocked I guess this forum is for ALL versions of the Nord Lead: Nord Lead, Nord Lead 2, Nord Lead 2x, and Nord Lead 3. Is that right Mosc? Anyway, I'll check in later, my IMac bondi that you see on the right died the other day so I'm dealing with THAT.
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gothboy,
where in new england do you live?

deknow (another new england electro-musician who loves to fish)
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gothboy wrote:
I guess this forum is for ALL versions of the Nord Lead: Nord Lead, Nord Lead 2, Nord Lead 2x, and Nord Lead 3. Is that right Mosc? Anyway, I'll check in later, my IMac bondi that you see on the right died the other day so I'm dealing with THAT.

Yes, why not all versions. If we get so many posts that we need a forum for each, we can go there as needed.

Too bad about your computer dying. Mine recently did the same thing. The RAID controller on the motherboard crapped out. Just goes to show you, even if you have RAID you better backup as well. Fortunately, I didn't loose too much stuff, but it sure takes a lot of time to reinstall all the software again.

Gothboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deknow........I'm in Westford, Ma...........possibly moving your way to Lunenburg. You hosted the after conference party this year right? I'm very sorry I wasn't able to go. I was hoping to do next year but it's looking like it's going to be held in Europe!

deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gothboy,

you are confusing 2 differant events. the analog heaven northeast afterparty was at our home in leominster...this event happens every year in bolton. the electro-music event might move to europe next year, but not the analog heaven.

pm me your email so i can add you to our announcement list (we are playing in lowell on july 28th i think).

deknow
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: