electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US
Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
I've just talked with NovaMusik, they reported that Clavia is stopping sales of the G2 in the US.

So, who is the person that said this?

Nova*Musik is my favorite online music store. I want to know who this person is so that I can ignore anything that this person states in the future.

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:
I've just talked with NovaMusik, they reported that Clavia is stopping sales of the G2 in the US.

Nova*Musik is my favorite online music store. I want to know who this person is so that I can ignore anything that this person states in the future.
Is it possible that the person at Nova*Musik who made the original statement said "G2 module" and cappy2112 misheard it?
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got an email from the UK distributor, the Engine is discontinued!
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Just got an email from the UK distributor, the Engine is discontinued!

However, it is still prominently visible and verbally mentioned on the G2 subsection of the Clavia website. Gee, even the G2X is magically resurrected again in the "specifications" page. Smile So much for Clavias communication and product transparency. Smile And check out that slogan: "Soft synth in a hard case" Rolling Eyes That's what I mean. No wonder the G2 didn't sell well. I mean, the Wave and the Stage have USB editors too, and they don't call those "soft synths in hard cases". As I say -I've seldom seen worse marketing. And let's not talk about support. Laughing

It's disheartening. IMO, the G2 is the best digital synth ever made.

G3? I don't think so.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:

I didn't ask his name- partly because I was in shock.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:
varice wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:

Is it possible that the person at Nova*Musik who made the original statement said "G2 module" and cappy2112 misheard it?

Sure it's possible.
I asked him if he was referring to the G2X, which we all know is discontinued. He said no. As of "last week", the G2 would no longer be sold in the US to to the poor exchange rate with the US dollar.

I called their distributor, Armdillo/NordUSA and talked with Jason.
I told Jason what Nova said-his response was"the G2X and the Engine have been discontinued, but the G2 and expander are still in production."

The gooseneck mic is also discontinued (which I tried ordering from Nova as well), but Nova still has it on their site.

I have a feeling some personnel at Nova are not fully aware of the different models of the G2 and their differences.

Based on this, I'm more inclined to believe Jason than Nova.
Since I did get the last G2 expander from Nova- Jason said there are more on order already, and should be here within a few weeks.

Nova does have the best price that I could find, most other distributors still want $349.

The Edsels however, are still on backorder.

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
The gooseneck mic is also discontinued (which I tried ordering from Nova as well), but Nova still has it on their site.
The gooseneck mic that Nova sells isn't a Nord mic -- it's the Korg mic that goes with the R3. It's a little short for use with a G2 (as opposed to the G2x, which has the mic jack on the top), but a Shure A412B solves that problem nicely.
geg3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

man ive been saving up for a G2 for months, and this freaked me out. glad to hear its not a done deal just yet. in fact, i just bought the G2+exp pack from novamusik (2 weeks before i had planned on) out of paranoia/eagerness

end result: more fun, earlier! THANKS FOR THE SCARE Shocked

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a Shure WH20 with the G2.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
glitched

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand the emotions people are feeling. If you have one already, who cares? If you don't have a g2, better hurry up and get one already!

Does this mean Clavia will drop support of the product? In that case, I would be concerned. Still pining for an upgrade to 1.4...
buzzr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if a G2 has a problem before a show, it would be nice to know you can get another one somewhere. Plus, if you read the clavia web site and many postings, clavia will support the G2 for some time to come. They are working on new drivers and updating the editor as we speak.

The G2 engines and G2x are now legacy products.

What this says to me is that there is no new modular product in the pipeline from clavia. I hope i'm wrong....Or maybe they hope they can get rid of all the old stock before upgrading?
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:

I Just got this email from NovaMusik after I tried clarifying with them over the G2 Engine vs the G2 keyboard.

"Eric Olsen
to me

Hi Tony,

We are in very close ties to Jason and just relaying the message he told us within the last few weeks. The thing with Clavia/Nord is that things change dramatically and often week to week. So, as of three weeks ago they were "discontinued" as Jason told us. However, it looks like a few more are coming in."

varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Novamusik reports that the G2 is discontinued in the US Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
varice wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:

I Just got this email from NovaMusik after I tried clarifying with them over the G2 Engine vs the G2 keyboard.

"Eric Olsen
to me

Hi Tony,

We are in very close ties to Jason and just relaying the message he told us within the last few weeks. The thing with Clavia/Nord is that things change dramatically and often week to week. So, as of three weeks ago they were "discontinued" as Jason told us. However, it looks like a few more are coming in."

Thanks for the ID.

But, we STILL don't know if Eric is talking about the G2 Keyboard or the Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In any case, the US distributor has confirmed that the G2 Keyboard has NOT been discontinued for sale in the US. Unfortunately, it appears some people have read this topic and now believe that it is no longer going to be supplied to the States. Rolling Eyes

Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: