electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Synthesizers - a sex substitute?
Page 3 of 5 [119 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Looks really nice, Electro80, but I'm saving my precious few dollars for a G2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pssst... I know the japanese are using this weird device for making sweet music... but.. well.. comparing it with the G2? Hmmm... i will get Freud over... gimme a sec.

G2?

G too?

G spot? x 2 ? Those swedes!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK... Freud is here. A file from my OTR collection.

And his chair:

Sigmund Freud.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sigmund Freud.mp3
 Filesize:  695.03 KB
 Downloaded:  2023 Time(s)

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh... found this one too...

sigmund_birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.33 KB
 Viewed:  13153 Time(s)

sigmund_birth.jpg

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, that'll but the fire out of this discussion! Smile
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sigmund Freud wrote:
We must reckon with the possibility that something in the nature of the sexual instinct itself is unfavorable to the realization of complete satisfaction.

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martian Sex

Mike and Maureen landed on Mars after accumulating enough frequent flier miles. They met a Martian couple and were talking about all sorts of things. Mike asked if Mars had a stock market, if they had laptop computers, and how they made money,

Finally, Maureen brought up the subject of sex. "Just how do you guys do it?" asked Maureen.

The male Martian responded, "Pretty much the way you do."

A discussion ensued, and finally the couples decided to swap partners for the night. Maureen and the male Martian went off to a bedroom where the Martian stripped. Maureen was disappointed to find that he had a teeny weeny member, about half an inch long and just a quarter inch thick.

"I don't think this is going to work," said Maureen.

"Why?" he asked. "What's the matter?"

"Well," she replied, "it's just not long enough to reach me!"

"No problem," he said, and proceeded to slap his forehead with his palm. With each slap, his member grew until it was impressively long.

"Well," she said, "that's quite impressive, but it's still pretty narrow."

"No problem," he said, and started pulling his ears. With each pull, his member grew wider and wider.

"Wow!" she exclaimed. They fell into bed and made mad, passionate love.

The next day, the couples joined their normal partners and went their separate ways. As they walked along, Mike asked, "Well, was it any good?"

"I hate to say it," said Maureen, "but it was pretty wonderful. How about you?"

"It was horrible," he replied. "All I got was a headache. She kept slapping my forehead and pulling my ears."

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sex, Lies and Letters:

A Sample of Significant Deceptions in the Freud/Jung Relationship.

Martin S. Fiebert

California State University at Long Beach

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to tell if you're anal retentive

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today, we regard the psychoanalysis crowd as full of shit, or should I say full-of-shit. Hmmm. Better go take a Prozak. Laughing
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Hey, sex is a primary ingredient in advertising in all countries. (Maybe not in Arab countries, I don't know about those). Anyhow, business recognizes that sex is one of the strongest motivators.

Very very true, so effective in fact that my exposure to it has nearly burned out my receptors to it entirely. Don't get me wrong, I love it, as I love Lamb Vindaloo, but not morning, noon and night, with pictures of it or innuendo towards it on every billboard, in every song, in every other tv commercial, etc. How about some intellectual stimulation? They (the system or advertisers) have such a habit on seizing on something and then pounding it to death over our heads, it becomes boring pretty soon. Unfortunate, yes, to distaste (verb) such a great thing. Maybe I woke up as a prude today! Wink

mosc wrote:
Rob Stewart, an ancient pop singer most of you may have never heard of, used to make sure the word sex was used at least once in every song.

I think I once ran across a reference to this Stewart fellow once in an encyclopedia several years back. Is there much history still in existence from that era? I'll have to look into that, fascinating stuff, that.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
There may be less emphasis on `anality' due to the fact indoor plumbing has become more available.

I just love the internet! Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But.... is this a substitution for sex or japanese powertools???

http://www.maerklin.com/maerklin/modules/oragetblob.dll/video?table=film_binaries&where=filmbinary_id=27&blobfield=film&mime=video/quicktime&db=maerklin_ihp_prod

Quicktime movie

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, compared to trains, synthesizers are asexual.

Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you take a nice hot saw wave, oscillating at a cool 120 hz, sliding up and down, up and down, mmmm... moans fill the air when you lay down a tight little square wave with some smooth slick pulsewidth modulation over the top. That's right, that's right... Now pump that love into a steamy voltage controlled filter and grab that cutoff slider. Yeah, don't let those slippery fingers slide off of there, this is the good part! Now slowly move that slider up and down, slide that thing up and down to the groove. Now fondle the resonance knob, love that thing, make love to that thing, get a looooong slow passionate flow going with those little things, make it squeal, make it moan, make it purrrrrr, mmmmm... Got some chorus handy? Little bit of hot wet reverb to splash all over that waveform? Oh yeah, like that. Make that filter bleeeeed, baby, so so so good, oh yeah, that's the ticket. Mmmm, after 2 hours of this, I'll need a glass of water and a cigarette. You know it! Right on!
Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you throwing a sauna party over there?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard, some sites has a referral denial thingie. An object can only be referred by local pages.

Referral Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Mptv/1071/5667-0023.jpg" on this server

What is this thing?? Is it a train?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the inherent sexiness of electronic musicians? I mean, once you get a little bit of alcohol in them...

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know my hair is going grey, but this is ridicolous. Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The world is a frightening place. A frightening place indeed.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scary! Indeed. reminds me, gotta make another pot of espresso. More coffee!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow....it's getting worse and worser Exclamation

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, it's been an inordinately long period of time since I've had good coffee. I had some Blue Mountain almost 2 years ago, and it's been nasty ass Foldgers and Maxwell House ever since. Blah.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
Page 3 of 5 [119 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: