electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
A variety of new key commands, possibly even user defined?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic

Do we want more key commands?
Oooooh, yes please!
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Nah, we have enough!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

sheridan

Audio files: 27
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: A variety of new key commands, possibly even user defined? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all.

Since I've been using my G2 engine for about 6 months now, I have noticed some areas where I feel there is room for improvement. (I'll get to the rest another day.)

To start with, I feel that there are certain important operations that could really do with having key commands.

Like 'Save as...' for instance! Also, one for switching between performance and patch mode would be good.

I would also really appreciate being able to change the focused slot by pressing 'A', 'B', 'C', or 'D' EVEN IF THEY AREN'T CURRENTLY ACTIVE!

Having one for 'Assign MIDI' to a single parameter would also speed up my work.

How about if we could use Shift of Ctrl with the mouse to alter the lower morph control range on a parameter in the same way that Alt alters the top of the morph range, instead of having to alter them both when you only want to move the lower one?

Most of all though, I think it would be great if we could set up our own (user-defined) key commands to do things like add certain modules, change variations, load up certain patches, or even turn switches on or off. So, what do you think?

Hear music and Nord Modular G2 patches and find out music production tips at
http://www.nitetimeproductions.co.uk
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey sheridan,

Good feedback, but most of it has already been addressed, but maybe not documented!

Quote:
Like 'Save as...' for instance!

Crying or Very sad There is no such standard shortcut in windows, thus Clavia chose to remain true to the windows standard. If they used Ctrl+A for ex, you would not be able to "select all".

Quote:
Having one for 'Assign MIDI' to a single parameter would also speed up my work.

very cool There is "L" for MIDI learn and "M" for MIDI cc dialog (thanks to Clavia for implementing my suggestion)

Quote:
How about if we could use Shift of Ctrl with the mouse to alter the lower morph control range on a parameter in the same way that Alt alters the top of the morph range, instead of having to alter them both when you only want to move the lower one?

very cool Use the Up and down keybord keys move the selected knob up and down, and ctrl+up/down move the morph end point [edit]. Left and right selects the module paramter. Shift + up/down/l/r selects the module in the patch.

[edit] OH, but you want to move the morph start point without moving the morph end point. This is a good suggestion ....

Quote:
I would also really appreciate being able to change the focused slot by pressing 'A', 'B', 'C', or 'D' EVEN IF THEY AREN'T CURRENTLY ACTIVE!

very cool Ctrl+Tab cycles through all the slots as you wish. but this (v1.32) version has a bug that does NOT select the slot button. Question I have let Clavia know about this bug.

Quote:
Most of all though, I think it would be great if we could set up our own (user-defined) key commands to do things like add certain modules, change variations, load up certain patches, or even turn switches on or off. So, what do you think?

Clavia is aware of user assignable shortcuts. I sent them this suggestion a long time ago.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
/Dasz
sheridan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the response Dasz. I'm not sure I totally agree though...

Regarding Save As..., why stick to a rubbish Windows mistake, when virtually every other program has 'corrected' it by having a convenient key command for Save As...

Regarding Ctrl and Tab to cycle through the four slots - as far as I can see, it will only alternate between the active slots. I often have the need to work on a patch or part of one in an unactive slot, but there is no way to switch to it using the A, B, C or D buttons unless it is active. What harm could come from letting the four letters bring up each slot's window, regardless of whether it is active, or even empty for that matter? I can only see a benefit.

One other thing, it's a shame that loading a patch into a slot using Ctrl and 'O' in performance mode changes you to patch mode... wouldn't it be good to open patches straight into the relevant slots IN performance mode? Shocked Very Happy

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amuzingly; this is another feature that the old NM used to have back in version 2. I'm starting to think that editor was a bit ahead of it's time but the big strong points it had were things that were realy for the power user and back then it was all new so there simply were less poweruses around making those features underapreceated.
sheridan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please register your votes... it only takes a second. So far this post has had 162 views and only 9 votes! (Even if you have a negative answer).

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: