electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Yamaha A-3000 Sampler
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Yamaha A-3000 Sampler Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anybody out there use a Yamaha A-series sampler? I'm using an A-3000 and like it despite the inacuracies of the knobs. It's great once you read the manual and start creating volumes for songs. The one I have has a 2.0 revision that was not done by Yamaha. I called Yamaha tech support not to long ago and they explained to me they never did ANY update for it, and that mine must have had a third party revision....probably a hardware add-on! The one I have came with a manual for all the updates so I always thought it was done by Yamaha! I won't list all the updated features but I'm glad they're there, it makes the sampler a little easier to use. I know EGW has a 4000.... or maybe it's a 5000, it's hard to tell from his studio picture from 5 years ago. Most all of the support sites for the A series are long out of date and not working anymore but I thought I'd post here to see if others were using it and what additional info I could get.
Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got an A3000 V2.0, which I haven't quite got round to using. The V2.0 was an official update, so your Yamaha tech support are obviously ludicrously uninformed Wink

There are still a few sites that support the A3000:
editor http://www.bzone.be/
faq http://www.ampfea.org/a3kfaq.txt
and a fair bit of stuff here http://ampfea.org/

Last edited by modulator_esp on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi gothboy,
I do have an A3000 for years now, don't use it very much anymore cause my pc has taken over the role of sampler. But i still think it is a nice machine with a respectable spec. I have updated it myself to version 2.0 years ago, bought it when it was still 1.0, and i am definitly sure the update is from yamaha. The update consist of a new rom on a chip. Old chip must be pulled out, new chip must be put in, and voila, version 2.0. I have bought the new chip from yamaha, I still have the v1.0 chip somewhere......

There used to be an active list years ago on teklab, i can't find it nowadays, but i have found this one:
http://www.ampfea.org/a3kfaq.txt

There is a lot of info in this faq. Even a contribution of myself Shocked

And i guess you know bzone?
http://www.bzone.be/forums.html

Hope you have much fun with the A3k, i am now totally addicted to the clavia G2X, so not doing much with the a3k. Now if i had some more time....

Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey modulator, you just went before me with your reply, our links are quite identical so i guess there is not much more. Confused
Gothboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! I guess everyone's logged in! That was pretty quick! Well I couldn't really believe the Yamaha tech support guy either! Rolling Eyes You see, most of 'em are pretty green and weren't even born seemingly before '97! But he had 2 A3000s sitting right next to him with all the documentation and neither had the 2.0 revision. Amazing. Question Yes, I know about b-zone....still wishing there was a control editor for MacIntosh. Exclamation I myself have been spending way too much time with the Micromodular.......but I spent 2 months learning the A3000!
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha A-3000 Sampler Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gothboy wrote:
I know EGW has a 4000.... or maybe it's a 5000, it's hard to tell from his studio picture from 5 years ago.

Yes, I still have my A-3000 (V2.0).
Don't do much sampling, mostly I use it as an effects processor.
Gothboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! It looks like a 5000 with the silver face. Lots of effects in the A series, that's why I got it over an Akai.....cheaper too!

Gothboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Greg......you're right, my bad.....it IS an A-3000. I was looking at the unit just above it. Oh, by the way you're new studio looks just superb! Love the Andromeda....and the Lava light! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: