electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Siding up to notes
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
AngusHastie

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Siding up to notes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to modify a pad patch so that the oscillators glide up to the notes when you play them, sort of bottle-neck style for you guitarists out there. Could anyone give me some advice on how to do this - the attached is my attempt at the basic principle, using an env to modulate the pitch and passing its signal through a LevMult module x a Constant module with a negative value. This seems to me to be a fairly logical way of modulating pitch so that it starts low and rises to concert pitch. However, suggestions for better ways of doing it, especially ones that result in a more "organic" sound (maybe through some random mod of the pitch env amplitude or the constant value??), gratefully accepted.
Thank, Angus
P.S. It's actually the factory pad, NEO NL3, that I want to change in this way.

Slide up to note.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Slide up to note.pch2
 Filesize:  1.03 KB
 Downloaded:  1322 Time(s)

modular

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 72

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it possible to do it in several ways: Most simple come in my mind:did you try to set on Glide in Patch settings? (Editor menu-->Patch---> Patch Settings--->Glide ?

Otherwise, Glide module in Note Group. Try to connect out of this to Pitch input of the OSC connect the glide on input to the Gate out of Key Module and trigger in input by an LFO at very low rate
AngusHastie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with the glide function in the patch menu is that it doesn't really give you much control over where you start the glide from as it all depends on the previous note. Also, in polyphonic patches, the glide setting can behave very strangely - only really works in mono patches.
Not sure I fully understand your last recommendation but I'll have a play around with those modules.
Cheers
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems pretty good to me Angus what you came up with to make the glides.

I thought a few little things might enhance the patch.

I removed the multiplier moudule (as the Envelope Generator can do that by itself.

Further I set the pitch modulation of the oscillator to full open, that way the the number of semitones the glide goes through can be set directly by the constant module.

The experiments you suggested to make it more lively could work very well. Adding an lfo through another envelope to the frequency modulation of the oscillator seems to give nice results as well.

Jan.
AngusHastie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes - I see what you mean about the env being able to do that by itself. And I like the env controlled LFO pitch modulation - nice idea.
And good point about being able to contol the number of semi-tones with the constant module.
Cheers, Angus
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: