electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
No news about G2 OS update ?
Page 7 of 10 [241 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mother misty wrote:

- decay & damp mod inputs on the string oscillator,
(would make this module alot more useful)

I second that!

/Stefan

T7

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Complete the unfinished physical modelling modules.

Fix the bugs.
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my wishes:

1. ( A good) Fixed filterbank, but with Amplitude-modulation inputs per Band, and/or single outs.
mother misty wrote:
- decay & damp mod inputs on the string oscillator,
2.I double this
3. Delay-clock sync bugfixing
4. SEquenzer Patterns

( maybe more related for a G3: ( as we should keep it here a realistic ) 9

5.A) very spezial: Polyphonic input and output modul
------> 4voice patch where all voices are sent to separate outs
------> or vise versa: 4 Input Signals are brought togehter as 1 polyphonic Voice

5. B) offset programming Acces for polyphonic voices

6. Time synced envelops
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:
my wishes:
<snip>

( maybe more related for a G3: ( as we should keep it here a realistic ) 9

5.A) very spezial: Polyphonic input and output modul
------> 4voice patch where all voices are sent to separate outs
------> or vise versa: 4 Input Signals are brought togehter as 1 polyphonic Voice

5. B) offset programming Acces for polyphonic voices

If I understand you correctly, all that kind of stuff can be done already by using the Voice No. output of the status module for multiplexing or accessing control-seqs. See patch.

IndividualVoices.pch2
 Description:
Multiplexing inputs to polyphonic voices and polyphonic voices to outputs.

Download
 Filename:  IndividualVoices.pch2
 Filesize:  1.51 KB
 Downloaded:  1331 Time(s)

Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ou cool, thank you.
Jan gave me some Weeks ago a help with this.
But i dont't understand it really and was not further working with.

I think your patch solve effectively my main wishes in this case, very cool. Thanks again.
This way one can also send also patches in a polyphonic way from one slot to another. Cool
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's a clock-synced 16-stage envelope generator I just made:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-121944.html#121944

[secret language mode]
en liebe gruess Wink
[/secret language mode]
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok... my personal counting is ending now... We ve collected quite a few wishes.. I ve felt free to remove the totally unrealistic ones..but only when they only had a count of one ...so an individual very unrealistic wish is not what we want to show here..its about tendencys in the userbase..
I am sure clavia has recived many mails with singular wishes..
The idea of polling wishes was to show where the strongest demand is...

As you will see..just the counting of the wishes mentioned gives such a clear thing allready... when i only take wishes that have at least 3 voters we have a top 17 list...

Than there are a few that had only 2 votes..and many that only was wished once..
But actually some quite important stuff is in this less voted wishes..

I dont know how to proceed now..
just leaving it as it is and presenting clavia the top 17 list as an indicator what is asked most in the userbase...

or make it a top 20 or top 25 list? than we would hav to poll the results with the lesser votings and add the top ranking low level wishes to the actual top list?

Opinions please..

here the top 17

As you see..that is a pretty comprehensiv list...and good enough for the purpose to show common demands of the user base allready..
We could just send that in and rest the case... OR?

Bild 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.42 KB
 Viewed:  9280 Time(s)

Bild 1.png

3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are the wishes that had at least one extra suporter

Bild 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.94 KB
 Viewed:  10987 Time(s)

Bild 2.png

3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here the singular wishes..
problem..some actually very important stuff is burried here...

Like a constant rate envelope... we just dont have such a thing in the nord modular system..its possible to patch around but difficult...

Or one of my main wishes to have a master midi control on patchlevel to allow to be more spontanious and editor independent on stage and in studio sessions...beside the advantage that there wouldnt be specific slot bond patches anymore... Or the wish for an alternate reverb...booth lofi mono or highend would be fine.. i personally would go for the lofi one... I made great patches that just use chep early reflections from a yamaha spx ...but the damn thing is too big... a cheap lofi reverb module probably could be seen as a reverb cell and when you use more of them you get your highend reverb...

Or the up/down counter..also very specivic but when needed very usefull because not so easy to patch...

However..that would be the singular wishes i would have liked to seen more up...

So question...shall we poll the less voted wishes? and how could that be done?

Or do we just send the list of wishes that got at least 3 votes?

Bild 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.36 KB
 Viewed:  9277 Time(s)

Bild 3.png

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll vote for the up/down counter, and I'll vote on that one for Howard as well, I'm sure he would want me to Very Happy

It would be a very useful building block for making all kinds of interesting sequencers that need a lot of modules otherwise.

I guess some more people might want to vote stuff up Laughing

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the alternate tuning scales, come on people, a synth with this price tag should have decent tuning facilities built in Exclamation
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One question.. Is a constant rate and a clocked synced envelope not essentially the same module? just with the difference that one is running on the system clock while the other is just running free?

So essentially a constant rate envelope that has a button that syncs it to the clock or its just running free?

Wright? because than the count for midi synced envelope would go one up while the constant rate wish is safed from beein burried in the mud of the wishlist...

ups.. i think i am wrong..am I?
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ blue Hell

I agree that some of the things are way to much down...
And when they really do a sampleing delay module we might need a counter anyway to do usefull things with it...

But how shall we do it?

I would say we should at least keep the top 10 as they are because there is a pretty strong profile that i actually dont like to been washed away...
It shows the spontanious wish waht people wanted most...
When we discuss it in detail i get the problem to choose...

lets say i can place 3 primary wishes in the field of 11-50

and 6 secondary wishes..

the primary get 2 points and the secondary just one point each...

shall we try that and see what picture it gives?

So for example my primarys in the field between 11 and 50 are

improoved sound quality on overloads

master midicontrol for send modules

lofi/early ref/ reverb module

my secondary are

building block function in the editor or offline editing

mono/poly key/voice sorter

NM1 Overdrive

up/down counter

alt tuning scales

kangoo jump module

How about that? i would open an extra colum in the list to count this entrys...but.. everybody would have to give a list of 9 out of 40
or just the 3 primarys?

hoe about that?..

i just tried it..was not so easy to chose...i started with 3 secondary and realized thats not enough Wink
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just tried it..it might work out this way..depends on how many participate...

However..thats the good thing about excel..you can figur the weightening later...

i just added to columns to the list ..so there are the initial wish..in the moment that gets multiplyed by 3...
than there are the new primary and secondary voting columns...
the primary is multiplyed with 2...the secondary just counts 1 time...

I locked the top 10 away...i might try to have a higher multiplikator for the main vote...maybe 4 is more apropiate to keep things up that already got 3 votes in relation to the singular wishes when many people place additional votes...

We will see..
so please...

3 primary and up to 6 secondary wishes out of the places 11-49

Everybody please vote again to get your singular wishes or other things you might find usefull in the list higher in the ranking

Bild 4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.45 KB
 Viewed:  9263 Time(s)

Bild 4.png

Bild 5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.6 KB
 Viewed:  9269 Time(s)

Bild 5.png

Last edited by 3phase on Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@blue hell

i only counted your 2 primarys... up/down and tuning scales...

but not for mosc... so if mosc wishes to participate ? maybe its not a primary for him?

but... if enough people go for the tuning scales and the counter the realistically can go into the top 20...

I think the 3/2/1 weightening might be a decend choice to get a tendency..
At least we are not that many active users discussing here... should be enough to get the places 11-49 a bit better weighted...

I am not sure about my improoved sound quality wish..actually it might be unrealistic...depends if that is a structural thing or rather something that is just some wrong adjustments.. only clavia can answer that..
I personally liked the way the Nm1 sounds on overloads and feedbacked loops much more... still dont see a reason why this cant be achieved in the G2..but..i dont know anything about dsp programing..maybe it has to be that way... but maybe its a point that maybe just dont got adressed because there was no problem visibel in the early stages of the G2 development... For me it needed quite a while to feel a bit negativ about that issue... its needs some time patching to get the difference... This goes pretty much into the Nm1/G2 sound compatibility debate..are they supposed to sound the same and just dont ..or are they supposed to be very different...
We have discussed that before... And even when many say its allwright as it is there is also a strong tendency from people to keep theire Nm1 just because of that reason...or even old time users miss something on the G2 even when they never would say that loud...
So IMO.. clavia should at least look into this and just check if this is happening as a matter of fact or just related to some unencessary changes... however... i made it a prrimary even when its unrealistic..
would have liked to see the finer bpm ranges up too..

But... you can manage that by voting it Wink
chinard

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has anybody put in for a MSB/LSB bank select option for the Midi Patch change module?
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
And the alternate tuning scales, come on people, a synth with this price tag should have decent tuning facilities built in Exclamation

Man, it doesn't look I'll find the time (within the next 6 months) to find a way to implement loading Scala .kbm files using the framework put in place by g2ian, let alone learn how to program in Python, as well as figure out how to make create a Building Block that does the tuning and keyboard mapping for the tuning only, so it can be patched onto any other sound (instead of having to rip out the piano sound-generating portion!).

What Ian did to get .scl files loaded into the G2 is huge, but you know I think it would be VERY nice if there was just a Tuning Module and a Keyboard Mapping Module instead of having to do these workarounds!

Or, even better, find a way to make it an optional Global setting.
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted for increased delay time already, but since it didn't make the chart, I'll vote again and again until it does!

Increase delay time

Increase delay time

Increase delay time

Increase delay time
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3phase wrote:
but not for mosc... so if mosc wishes to participate ? maybe its not a primary for him?

Maybe not, maybe primary for him is :

(edit: picture got lost)

Last edited by blue hell on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3phase wrote:
@blue hell

i only counted your 2 primarys... up/down and tuning scales...

The 3rd one will then be velocity curves (was 13).

No secondaries Very Happy

3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aha Smile the woodstock of electronic music...

But the secondary vote will be up for a while...so he can place his 3 primary and maybe secondarys himself?..

would help if a few more would participate...
As sait..the top 10 is a pretty good picture allready... but many good stuf in teh lower places that could be zup aswell.. As you said.. a instrument like the G2 defently should have different tunings...probably not so easy to implement in a modular system...

I added your points fo the velocity curves...
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
I voted for increased delay time already, but since it didn't make the chart, I'll vote again and again until it does!

Increase delay time

Increase delay time

Increase delay time

Increase delay time

That is in the top 10 allready as lofi delay... what is ment as a delay module that has double time by reduced samplingrate... so no need to vote this again...

I count you as one primary extra vote for tuning tables...

so you could choose 2 points more..and some secondarys if you wish...

Last edited by 3phase on Wed May 30, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3phase wrote:
so he can place his 3 primary and maybe secondarys himself?..

Sure, and he should. I was just kidding of course, voting for him. 10 points for Lithuania Exclamation

3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lithuania?

I just checked..alternativ tuning scales are by now in the top 20 allready.. the up down counter still needs suporters Wink...so mosc better votes when he is back from the trip
3phase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but of cause this should not prevent anybody that sees a need for alternativ tuning scales to vote for it... with the wightening a few votes for something else would kick it out again...so dont vote tactical..vote for that where you see personal your biggest need..
Page 7 of 10 [241 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: